Audit Manager - Project and Programme Management (PPM) Specialism
Audit Manager – Project and Programme Management (PPM) Specialism
Birmingham, Bootle, Bristol, Leeds, London, Newcastle and Sheffield
London: £54,850 - £63,580 / National: £51,350 - £59,638
The Government Internal Audit Agency (GIAA) are an Executive Agency of HM Treasury and a specialist provider of internal audit and counter fraud and investigation services to government.
The role is based in the PPM Team, which is one of six Specialisms within the Agency. The PPM Team provides independent assurance and advice to Government major projects and programmes. If you are looking for an exciting change of role and have experience and skills in helping customers to understand and manage their PPM risks, we would love to hear from you!
This is an internal audit role but candidates who hold an accountancy qualification will be considered if they have some experience in dealing with audit. Don’t worry about not having PPM experience and/or qualifications in delivering or providing assurance to projects and programmes, because whilst this is desirable, it is not essential. Successful candidates who meet the essential qualifications will be offered training and an opportunity to qualify and to become a member of the Association for Project Management (APM).
This is an opportunity to join a highly respected, forward-thinking organisation that builds and maintains strategic relationships at the most senior levels across the majority of government departments. The variety and contribution of these roles is unparalleled across government.
We offer support in maintaining and building your professional career through technical training, coaching and development opportunities and you will be entitled to a range of benefits from generous pension provision, flexible work patterns, cycle to work schemes etc.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be able to demonstrate strong understanding of governance, risk management, control and assurance issues;
- Have experience of collecting and providing accurate, unbiased, relevant and sufficient information to support conclusions;
- Be a strong, analytical thinker who can solve problems and work out what needs to be done and take pride in bringing to conclusion;
- Be able to communicate key messages clearly and succinctly to senior leaders, utilising a range of communication methods;
- Have the ability to influence using evidence and negotiation rather than the exercise of authority;
- Demonstrate resilience and tact in the face of challenging circumstances, dealing with conflict in a prompt, calm and constructive manner;
- Be highly organised, with the ability to work on and manage multiple projects within tight deadlines and minimal supervision.
Benefits of working for GIAA include:
- Competitive salary and in year rewards
- Flexible working Civil Service pension
- Season ticket loan and Cycle to Work schemes
- Family friendly HR policies
- 25 days annual leave
Government Internal Audit Agency has a strong commitment to equality and diversity and we are a Disability Confident employer. Our aim is to be a department which is open and accessible, recruiting and retaining diverse, talented and high-performing people who support and develop one another.
Our recruitment process is underpinned by the principle of appointment based on fair and open competition and appointment on merit, as outlined in the Civil Service Commissioners’ Recruitment Principles.