Flood Risk Data Analyst Team Member
Locations – we operate blended home and office working with your contractual base being an Environment Agency office local to you (subject to approval).
18 month Fixed Term Contract.
If you’re part of the Environment Agency (EA), you’re part of the solution. Working with us means protecting and improving the environment and tackling issues of national importance. We’re based across England, and our responsibilities span industry regulation, flood defences, land contamination, water quality, fisheries and conservation.
Such broad scope of work calls for diverse, multi-skilled teams. Together, we’ll promote sustainable growth, tackle climate change and secure a better future for everyone.
Your role with us
You’ll join a new Data Improvements team responsible for providing clear, useable and reliable data that ensures the billions we invest in flood and coastal risk management have the greatest possible impact.
You’ll support and learn from colleagues while analysing and improving data that underpins all kinds of activities, from flood warnings and the effort to combat climate change, to securing national funding and promoting the public’s understanding of flood risk.
We offer support toward professional membership status of a relevant professional institution. Plus, as part of a new team, we’ll encourage you challenge the status quo, innovate at every turn, build strong relationships and improve our ways of working.
What do I need?
This challenge calls for good literacy and numeracy, along with a skill for solving problems. We’re looking for someone who:
- Understands the basics of data management and analysis
- Is a good communicator
- Knows how to use standard IT packages
- Works effectively as part of a team and can forge strong relationships
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Click 'Apply' and start your application today!
What’s in it for you?
You’ll benefit from a culture that embraces difference and includes everyone, where you’ll feel supported and trusted to do the right thing. We’ll invest in you and allow you to grow and shape your career. What’s more, you’ll have access to our great benefits package including:
- A competitive salary of £25,042
- 25 days holiday (increasing to max 30) + 8 bank holidays
- Great career opportunities Maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Flexible hours
- Award-winning pension fund
As an organisation we strive to reflect the communities we serve, to achieve this we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, sexual orientation, and religion. We also welcome applications for part-time hours.
Responding to incidents is a central part of what we do. You will be required to have an incident role and make yourself available to respond to incidents or provide business continuity support during an incident. This may attract an additional payment and full training and workplace adjustments will be available to support you with your incident role.
This is a fixed term opportunity which may become permanent following an additional round of recruitment.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- ESG & Sustainability Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom