Flood Risk Data Analyst Advisor
Locations – we operate blended home and office working with your contractual base being an Environment Agency office local to you (subject to approval).
18 month Fixed Term Contract
If you’re part of the Environment Agency (EA), you’re part of the solution. Working with us means protecting and improving the environment and tackling issues of national importance. We’re based across England, and our responsibilities span industry regulation, flood defences, land contamination, water quality, fisheries and conservation.
Such broad scope of work calls for diverse, multi-skilled teams. Together, we’ll promote sustainable growth, tackle climate change and secure a better future for everyone.
Your role with us
You’ll join a new Data Improvements team responsible for providing clear, useable and reliable data that ensures the billions we invest in flood and coastal risk management have the greatest possible impact.
This is a chance to lead analysis work that creates a detailed picture of flood and coastal risk across the country. Your work will improve data that underpins a vast array of activities, from flood warnings and the effort to combat climate change, to enhancing the public’s understanding of flood risk.
These data sets include a new national assessment of flood risk, long-term investment scenarios and improvements in asset and natural flood management. And the emphasis will be on delivering joined-up, holistic improvements, rather than solving problems through individual projects.
You’ll have a key role engaging with other internal teams, ensuring we deliver data improvements which meet their needs and expectations.
You will support the team’s development and become a subject matter expert for a particular specialism, for example: hydraulic modelling, asset management or Geographic Information Systems (GIS). As part of a new team, we will want you to challenge the status quo, innovate at every turn, build strong relationships, and improve our ways of working.
What do I need?
This challenge requires a flair for solving problems and delivering effective solutions. We’re looking for someone who:
- Has experience in data management and analysis, or in GIS, flood risk mapping and fluvial or coastal modelling (for example experience with Flood Modeller, ArcGIS, AutoCad or similar would be beneficial)
- Is an excellent communicator and influential personality, with the ability to explain technical information to non-technical people
- Works effectively as part of a team and can forge strong relationships
- You will be a member of a professional institution such as CIWEM (Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management), Royal Geographic Society, ICE (Institution of Civil Engineers) or IAM (Institute of Asset Management) and be working towards qualifications.
- You will likely have a bachelor’s degree in data science, geography, engineering or other related subject
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you. Click 'Apply' and start your application today.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll benefit from a culture that embraces difference and includes everyone, where you’ll feel supported and trusted to do the right thing. We’ll invest in you and allow you to grow and shape your career. What’s more, you’ll have access to our great benefits package including:
- A competitive salary of £37,462
- 27 days holiday (increasing to max 30) + 8 bank holidays
- Great career opportunities
- Maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme
- A range of flexible working options
- Flexible hours
- Award-winning pension fund
As an organisation we strive to reflect the communities we serve, to achieve this we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, sexual orientation, and religion. We also welcome applications for part-time hours.
Responding to incidents is a central part of what we do. You will be required to have an incident role and make yourself available to respond to incidents or provide business continuity support during an incident. This may attract an additional payment and full training and workplace adjustments will be available to support you with your incident role.
This is a fixed term opportunity which may become permanent following an additional round of recruitment.
More searches like this
- Risk Analysis Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Data Analytics Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- ESG & Sustainability Scientific £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in United Kingdom