Climate Change Risk Manager
Our Manager for Climate Change Risk & Strategy is an exciting opportunity to join the Society on a new journey. This newly created role will take the lead on reducing the Society’s climate impact over time while delivering the Society’s climate commitments.
The role sits within a newly created Environmental Sustainability team within YBS’ Balance Sheet Management. As a new team the role is in a great position to lead the Society in reducing the longer-term impact on the environment and help to provide Real Help with Real Life.
What you'll be doing
As an environmental sustainability subject matter expert, you will have the opportunity to lead and embed environmental considerations into the Society’s strategy and risk management.
The main areas you will be working on will be:
- Responsibility for ensuring the Society is compliant with UK regulation, particularly SS3/19, and lead on relevant climate disclosures.
- Influence the strategic direction for the incorporation of Environmental and Climate Change considerations in balance sheet management.
- Take functional ownership for the climate change models, articulating scenario outputs and using them to inform and influence senior stakeholders.
- Work with the data teams to understand gaps and drive areas of improvement.
- Engage with the external environment via benchmarking exercises against peers and the wider market.
- Responsible for the Environmental and Climate Risk Policy, ensuring it is regularly updated and its content is embedded across the Society, through knowledge sharing and risk appetite setting.
- Ensure there is appropriate understanding of the financed emissions of YBS and make disclosures as appropriate.
Each of these areas will involve working closely with other teams across the Society as well as externally, so developing and maintaining this engagement will be an important aspect of the role.
The Knowledge & Skills you’ll have
To be able perform in this role, you’ll need to have the following skills and experience:
- A drive to deliver climate conscious action within Yorkshire Building Society
- Expertise in balance sheet modelling, analysis, and stress testing and how to utilise the outputs of these to drive decisions
- Previous experience working within a regulatory environment
- An active interest in the impact that Climate Change poses to the balance sheet of a UK based mortgage-lender
- Ability to translate complex topics into relatable information for stakeholders and tailor communication to a variety of audiences
- Experience in developing and managing risk metrics.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
- Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
- Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
- Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
- Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
- My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts,
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, click apply now to send us your application.
Please note applications are reviewed frequently therefore this role may close prior to the advertised closing date.
More searches like this
- Compliance Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Management Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Regulation Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Compliance & Regulation Fund Management £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom