Salary: National: £51,350 - £59,638 / (£54,850 - £63,580 London Allowance).
Working Pattern: This post is available on a full time, part time or job share basis, and flexible working hours can be accommodated.
About the Government Internal Audit Agency
The Government Internal Audit Agency (GIAA) provides an invaluable Internal audit service, delivering a large programme of annual risk-based assurance reviews across a wide range of government departments, including 14 main departments and most of their related arm’s length bodies. Supporting our customers to meet their objectives, roles at this level present a fascinating and stimulating challenge.
About the roles
We are looking for Audit Managers to join our Audit Response, and Customer Facing teams.
These are ideal opportunities for career development and progression, enabling you to develop a broad career base and unparalleled variety and contribution to government departments.
Audit Response (ART)
You will work to deliver a portfolio of audits across a number of our customers, collaborating closely with our customer teams. As a member of our ART team, you will also have access to dedicated, bespoke development programmes to support you to get up to speed, and you’ll work closely with all our high-performing and highly supportive teams where we you will have the opportunity to expand and enrich your skills.
You will work closely with a single customer developing a detailed and deep understanding of your customer’s activity, learning about their business. Identifying key stakeholders and building effective and productive relationships are also vital aspects for these roles.
What you will bring to the roles
Our Audit Managers are integral to the leadership of the Agency and have a role beyond delivery of audit services to support the ongoing development of our services, people and customer approach.
You will use your expertise and experience to deliver value for the Agency and to our customers. As an Audit Manger you will deliver and lead assignments and customer liaison for our work with medium- and small-sized customers and support Senior Audit Managers and group Chief Internal Auditors to deliver services for our larger customer departments.
Developing our people is important and we will ensure there are clear opportunities for progression within the Agency and the wider civil service for candidates with the right skills and approach.
- Provide input into the development and implementation of audit plans for our customers, bringing to this an understanding of the risk environment, materiality and thecontrol framework.
- Provide oversight of the way in which audit methodology, risk assessments, plans and working practices are delivered in line with GIAA methodology; this will involve liaison with stakeholders, and critical appraisal of audit team output, team coaching and supervision, promoting common standards and consistency, and alignment of working practices.
- Act as a member of the Senior Management Team supporting a Senior Audit Manager, and play an active part in the delivery of corporate objectives to develop and grow the Agency.
- Be accountable for compliance with professional standards and compliance with GIAA’s new single audit methodology and audit management software across your own audits.
- Take account of key requirements and practices when planning and prioritising work, ensuring that the delivery of plans meet management and stakeholder expectations including timeframes, budgets and quality.
- Show judgment when potential risk exposure seems significant and escalate matters through the appropriate management/customer channels – this may involve liaison with specialists within the Agency or with outside advisers.
The closing date for these roles is 5th July 2023 and interviews will be held regularly until the closing date
Some of the Benefits our people love!
- Competitive salaries and in-year rewards
- Flexible working
- A Civil Service Pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
- Discount on big brands
- Volunteering days
- Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work Schemes
- Free eyesight tests
- Family-friendly HR policies
- 25 days’ annual leave increasing by one day per year of service to 30 days after 5 years’ service
- Geographically based Agency
If you need any reasonable adjustments to take part in the selection process, please tell us about this in your online application form.