Operational Quality, Risk & Compliance Lead
The Health and Safety Executive is Britain’s national regulator for workplace health and safety. We’re dedicated to protecting people and places, ensuring everyone can lead safer and healthier lives at work.
We are now looking for an Operational Quality, Risk & Compliance Lead to join our new Building Safety Regulator (BSR) unit on a full-time, permanent basis.
- Salary of £55,251 - £60,818 per annum, plus £4,378 London weighting allowance
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays and Civil Service privilege leave
- Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
- Flexible working options
- Family friendly policies and working hours
- Competitive parental leave benefits
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- Excess Fares Allowance
This is an exceptional opportunity for a high calibre risk and assurance professional with extensive operational experience and an excellent leadership style to join our essential organisation.
You’ll have the chance to help maintain some of the highest safety standards in the world, shaping a new culture of building safety and protecting future generations for years to come!
So, if you want to step into an instrumental role and have access to a whole host of fantastic benefits whilst supporting working environments across the UK, then apply today!
As the Operational Quality, Risk & Compliance Lead, you will play a vital role in creating and implementing operational quality management, assurance, governance and risk management frameworks.
Managing a team of five risk, quality and compliance experts, you’ll lead them to develop, implement and monitor operational compliance and quality assurance frameworks to support operational excellence across BSR.
Alongside BSR’s operational leaders, you’ll establish a Risk Management Framework (RMF) in line with the corporate risk framework, providing support and guidance to enable managers to assess, manage and update risk registers.
Additionally, you will:
- Undertake root cause analysis of risks
- Create and circulate reporting packs for both the RMF and QMF
- Support operational managers to undertake quality assurance, peer reviews, management checks and quality controls
- Develop an Operational Command governance framework to support decision-making
- Assess, evaluate and escalate risks to senior stakeholders
To be considered as an Operational Quality, Risk & Compliance Lead, you will need:
- Experience of designing and implementing risk and assurance frameworks in an operational environment and across multiple departments
- Experience of analysing, assessing and reporting on processes and making recommendations based on ongoing continuous improvement
- Experience of designing tools to support operational leads in assessing risk and assurance within their operation
- Experience of designing training and sharing knowledge on best practice in risk management and quality assurance in an operational environment
- Experience of leading high performing teams in risk management and/or quality assurance in support of operational delivery
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet challenging deadlines
The closing date for this role is Friday 22nd September 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Risk and Compliance Lead, Information and Corporate Risk Lead, Compliance Lead, Quality Lead, Quality Governance & Risk Manager, Head of Governance, Risk and Compliance, Risk & Compliance Lead.
Webrecruit and Health and Safety Executive are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re ready to take the next step in your career as an Operational Quality, Risk & Compliance Lead, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Apply before Midday on Friday 22nd September 2023
More searches like this
- Assurance Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Manchester
- Compliance Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Manchester
- Quality Assurance Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Manchester
- Risk Management Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Manchester
- Risk Public Sector £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in Manchester