Multiple Locations Available Nationwide (with hybrid working)
The Health and Safety Executive is Britain’s national regulator for workplace health and safety. We’re dedicated to protecting people and places, ensuring everyone can lead safer and healthier lives at work.
We are now looking for an Operational Quality, Risk and Compliance Officer to join our new Building Safety Regulator (BSR) unit on a full-time, permanent basis.
- Salary of £40,788 - £46,783 per annum
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays and Civil Service privilege leave
- Civil Service pension with an average employer contribution of 27%
- Flexible working options
- Family friendly policies and working hours
- Competitive parental leave benefits
- Learning and development tailored to your role
- Excess Fares Allowance
This is an exceptional opportunity for a highly organised risk and assurance professional with operational experience to join our essential organisation.
You’ll have the opportunity to help maintain some of the highest safety standards in the world, shaping a new culture of building safety and protecting future generations for years to come!
So, if you want to join a dedicated team and have access to a whole host of fantastic benefits whilst supporting one of the UK’s most imperative organisations, then apply today!
As an Operational Quality, Risk and Compliance Officer, you’ll support the development and delivery of risk and quality management frameworks for BSR.
Alongside BRS’s policy and operational leaders, you will support the creation of risk and quality management frameworks, assisting operational leaders to implement them and enabling colleagues to undertake quality assurance, peer reviews, management and quality checks.
You’ll create operational risk registers, monitoring risk across operational functions and producing quality assurance and compliance reporting to further continuous improvement.
Additionally, you will:
- Develop an operational command governance framework to support decision-making
- Evaluate and escalate risks to senior stakeholders
- Report on Letter of Assurance activity
During years one and two, you will contribute towards establishing the operational performance management framework and set up new processes and ways of working for the BSR.
From year three, it is anticipated that the framework will be fully established and imbedded and therefore your focus will be more heavily based within analysis and recommendations.
To be considered as an Operational Quality, Risk and Compliance Officer, you will need:
- Experience of designing and implementing risk and assurance frameworks in an operational environment
- Knowledge and experience of implementing quality and governance processes across multiple operations/departments
- Experience of analysing, assessing and reporting on processes with, and making recommendations based on, ongoing continuous improvement
- Experience in creating tools to support risk assessment and perform assurance
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Excellent decision-making skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
The closing date for this role is Friday 22nd September 2023.
Other organisations may call this role Risk & Compliance Officer, Group Risk and Compliance Assurance Officer, Quality and Compliance Officer, Compliance Officer, Quality and Compliance Co-ordinator, or Quality and Performance Officer.
Webrecruit and Health and Safety Executive are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re ready to take the next step in your career as an Operational Quality, Risk and Compliance Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Apply before Midday on Friday 22nd September 2023