As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, RSM delivers big ideas and premium service to help middle-market businesses thrive. We are a fast-growing firm with big ambitions – we have a clear goal to become the premium adviser to the middle market, globally. This vision touches everything we do, motivating and inspiring us to become better every day. If you are looking for a firm where you can build a future and make an impact, then RSM is the place for you.
Due to the continued success of RSM’s internal audit and controls function within Risk Assurance Services we are looking for an experienced Manager to take the next step in their career. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain exposure to high profile organisations, working directly with Directors and Partners, and in proactively supporting the continued development and growth of RSM’s profile.
Overall Job Purpose
Working directly alongside Partners and Directors within the team you will be responsible for the delivery of internal audit, controls assurance, and advisory services to a range of listed and privately owned organisations. Whilst seeking to establish a portfolio of work within a region, the role will necessitate travel across the UK and possibly overseas.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with senior individuals within the businesses that we work with.
- Managing a portfolio of clients and range of assignments along with delivering key aspects of internal audit and controls engagements.
- Supporting our clients through the delivery of advisory as well as assurance control-based services which will provide you with the opportunity to be involved in a variety of different projects.
- Supporting the Partners and Directors in key business development activities for new work including targeting, writing proposals, presentations and thought leadership.
- Professionally qualified (ACA, ACCA, IIA).
- Willingness to travel and stay overnight when required (circa 50%, predominately UK with some options for overseas travel).
- Experience working with large, complex, listed and privately owned organisations.
- The ability to execute audits in accordance with IIA standards.
- Ability to execute controls documentation and testing and service organisation controls reporting standards.
- The ability to proactively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A pro-active ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experienced in one or a number of not for profit and/or public sector organisations
- Exposure to implementing and maintaining risk management frameworks.
- Experience in undertaking third party AAF 01/06 / ISAE3402 audits.
- Data analytics and superior Excel skills.
- Staff management and development experience.
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, we want to create a strong sense of belonging so that people of all identities, backgrounds, and cultures feel they can bring their true self to work. Our clients come from all walks of life. We aim to achieve that same diversity of background, experience and perspective in our own teams, so that we can genuinely understand our client’s needs. Diverse teams bring a broader range of ideas and insights to work. That’s why we’re working together to ensure our firm’s principles and processes support a firm culture that embraces difference and strengthens inclusion.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Please note: This role may close earlier than the date specified. If you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.