A career within External Audit services, will provide you with the opportunity to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large entities. Our clients are often well known brands and many have broad international reach. We focus on using the latest technology to reduce the level of manual testing ensuring you’ll focus on the most valuable areas of client service and on enhancing corporate governance and the reliability of our clients’ information.
Job Description & Summary
As an Audit Manager, you will be in charge of a portfolio of clients, managing the full cycle of your audit engagements. You will be actively involved in coaching, supporting, developing and managing energetic, diverse and high-performing teams.
- Planning, budgeting and organising the audits of your clients;
- Managing work in progress and ensuring timely completion thereof;
- Delivering high quality client service, identifying and solving problems, addressing queries and concerns;
- Reviewing the work undertaken by audit teams, addressing substandard work or work that does not meet firms/clients expectations;
- Acting to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, even during times of change and uncertainty;
- Coaching others and encouraging them to take ownership of their development;
- Pursuing opportunities to develop existing and new skills outside of comfort zone, e.g. digital upskilling and effective use of new technology;
- Analysing complex issues, ideas or proposals and building a range of meaningful recommendations;
- Using multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions;
- Developing a perspective on key global trends, and how they impact the firm and our clients;
- Focusing on building trusted relationships.
- Relevant experience as an Audit Manager (minimum three years post-qualification, and at least one year experience in an Audit Manager role), preferably from a Big 4 or medium-tier firm;
- Financial services experience (required for this role);
- Professional accounting qualification;
- Strong grasp of business and technical issues and industry trends;
- Ability to communicate clearly at all levels with a proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong relationships;
- Excellent organisational and management skills;
- To excel in this role, you will have a passion for client service, be innovative and solutions orientated, be able to work collaboratively.
PwC in the Channel Islands
Our Channel Islands Assurance practice provides audit and other assurance services to a wide range of clients. Our predominantly financial services client base includes the very best of the Banking, Fiduciary, Insurance and Investment Management world. Within our client base, our specialisms lie with the Asset and Wealth Management, which includes private equity, hedge funds and real estate investment vehicles. We have close working links with PwC offices in other financial centres ensuring that our staff are kept up to date with the latest industry trends.
What can we offer you?
We offer unrivalled opportunities with an exciting and varied client base. Our training, on the-job learning and development programmes are tailored to your continual professional development needs. We focus on developing your softer skills areas as well as more technical knowledge and experience, enhancing your personal development as you progress within the firm. We empower you with the technology, coaching, flexibility and trust needed to make a difference, while supporting you in bringing your whole self to work each day. We're committed to maintaining a diverse workforce because we know it's only by working together that we can realise the potential of our people, clients and society around us. We offer you the chance to work in a dynamic and inclusive multicultural firm, with an open and innovative working environment.
The attributes we look for in our people
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, The PwC Professional.
This focuses on five core attributes; whole leadership, business acumen, technical capabilities, global acumen and relationships. We use this framework to recruit, develop, and assess our people.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. We aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their unique strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business.