Your new company
A well known local public sector organisation offers hybrid working (1 day in the office each week) to an experienced Senior Internal Auditor for a 6-month fixed term contract position.Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Your new role is a 6 month' fixed term contract supporting on a range of mainly operational audits with a public sector organisation.
- Carrying out risk-based audits, challenging assumptions and ensuring transparency, making sure that audit is considered a constructive experience.
- Planning and managing your own audit work programme, arranging and agreeing the scope of audits with clients based on identified risks; completing the audits and clearing reports with departments within prescribed deadlines and maintaining appropriate systems of follow up to ensure that audit recommendations are implemented.
- Discussing and challenging and where necessary regarding the clearance of reports.
- Assisting in developing, maintaining, monitoring and reviewing policies and procedures which are effective in protecting against fraud and corruption, for example Financial Regulations, Anti-Fraud and Corruption Strategy, Whistle-blowing Policy.
- Undertaking special investigations as directed
You will have a number of years experience in internal audit and ideally an audit or accounting qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIA or similar.
Public Sector audit experience is preferred, but not essential.
You will be available to start asap and be happy to commit for a period of 7 months to the assignment. What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available - 1 day a week in the office (Tuesdays)
Salary £41,496 pro rata + benefitsWhat you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.