One of the Cayman Islands leading Accounting firms is looking to further expand their insurance practice by adding an Audit Senior. The firms works with a portfolio of captive and reinsurance clients with some impressive, US based firms within the portfolio.
The Captive / Reinsurance industry in Cayman has been growing in recent times with record numbers of firms registering in Cayman year on year. It's an exciting time for the industry in Cayman and there are excellent opportunities to progress into in industry beyond your Audit contract.
Cayman also holds the globally renowned IMAC conference every year in December giving you the chance to really meet the global players in these fascinating industries.
The role offers a tax-free salary, performance bonus, relocation package, medical coverage, pension and reduced summer hours.
What do the Cayman Islands really offer?
- Tax-free salary - this means your salary and bonus are completely free of taxation
- One of the most developed financial services economies in the world - yes it's a small island, but it also boasts a trillion dollar economy
- In this role, you will work in the fastest growing market for the captive / reinsurance industries in the world. Bermuda remains the largest but more and more firms are opting for Cayman and it's such an exciting time in the market
- Excellent long-term options, progression through to senior levels within Audit is an option of course but there are lots of roles available in industry on island.
- Great lifestyle - I lived there for 6 years and cannot recommend it highly enough, amazing weather, good people, lots of sports, boat parties, bars, beach bars, restaurants and more
- Ease of travel - fly to over 15 US cities, Canada, the UK, Jamaica, Cuba, Honduras, the Bahamas and soon, Barbados directly.
- Networking - I cannot stress how great the networking opportunities are in a small island with such a huge economy,
- It is easy to settle in - moving to a city can be difficult to settle in and it can be difficult to meet people. In Cayman, it's far easier and this is why people on average stay over 5 years.
What do you need to have to be considered?
- A professional accounting qualification
- 3 years Audit experience as a minimum. Really over 6 would be too much for this level and the ideal range is 3-5 years
- Insurance experience would be a large plus though is not essential
Don't hesitate to apply if you want to know more.