Our Manchester office is looking for an Audit Manager to join our growing Audit and Accounts department. This is a busy and varied role and would suit a qualified CA/ACA/ACCA (or equivalent qualification).
To become part of the team providing a wide range of audit, accounting and advisory services to our clients. We can offer varied and interesting work involving client contact with the people who make the decisions.
An Audit Manager or Senior Manager in the Manchester office will have responsibility for managing a wide portfolio of clients that operate in a range of sectors, reporting directly to the Partners. The position would also involve some accounts preparation work, as well as one-off assignments and special work, as required. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the audit process
- Managing and monitoring progress of work and budgets
- Ensuring all work is delivered on time and to a high standard
- Supervising and coaching qualified staff and trainees
- Liaison with tax team
- Opportunities to work on special assignments and projects
We provide regular technical training and soft skills development to help support your growth and progression.
We offer accounting, audit and assurance, business advisory, corporate finance, tax and VAT services. We act for businesses and individuals both in the UK and internationally. Our staff work regularly and closely with their colleagues in our other offices to provide a seamless service to clients, wherever they are located.
The position will require a strong level of ability, commitment and flexibility. Candidates should be self-motivated, display a positive approach to work and have the ability to get things done. In addition, they should possess the confidence and professionalism to establish credibility at all levels, be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
Education and Experience
- Applicants should be CA/ACA/ACCA qualified with a good exam record and likely to have at least 3 year’s post qualification experience.
- The successful candidate is likely to have either an audit background or a general practice background with a focus on audit and corporate work.
- An excellent understanding of FRS 102 is essential, and IFRS an advantage.
- Practical experience of one off special assignments or technical projects would be an advantage.
- Systems used are Excel, Word, CCH Accounts Production and CCH Audit Automation.
- A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm
- Agile working policy giving you the option to work from home for up to 3 days per week.
- 25 days annual leave. After 5 years’ service, the entitlement will be increased by 1 day.
- In addition, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 5% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
- Life assurance cover of 4 x annual salary
- Working from home allowance of £25 a month.
- Company car as per Managers’ Car Scheme. May opt for a company car to the value to £15,100 by sacrificing £3,611 per annum of salary. (Pro-rata for lower vehicle cost).
- Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm. Payment is usually c£1,000. Paid in December.
- Employee referral scheme. Assistant Manager level and below, including support staff, will attract a referral reward of £5,000, Manager level or above, will attract a referral reward of £10,000.
- New client referral scheme. Members of staff introducing a new client to the firm, have the potential to receive a referral payment of up to 10% of the first year’s total fees.
- Eligibility for the discretionary bonus scheme. This is based on both individual performance and firm performance.
- Private Medical - entitled to join on successful completion of probationary period
- Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA.
- Paid travel expenses when working at offices other than your contracted office.
- Saffery Champness is committed to being a fully inclusive employer and have a huge focus on ED&I. Upon joining the firm, you will have the opportunity to join a number of people network groups as well as be a part of the growing ED&I network.
Saffery Champness is the UK’s 12th largest accountancy practices with a network of nine offices in the UK plus offices in Dubai, Dublin, Guernsey, Geneva, Ireland and Zurich. The firm is independent, but maintains a network of affiliate firms in over 100 countries across the globe via membership of Nexia International. The firm has participated in numerous inbound and outbound secondments with Nexia firms around the globe.
With over 80 partners and over 900 staff, we are recognised as one of the UK’s leading firms of private client advisers, specialising in providing advice to a broad range of individuals, their families, businesses and wider interests. The sectors in which we operate include: private wealth; owner-managed businesses; landed estates and rural businesses; sports and entertainment; not-for-profit organisations; corporate finance and professional firms and consulting businesses.
Our style is personal and we value our strong client relationships and genuinely partner-led service. Staff and partners alike demonstrate our shared values of Excellence and Integrity in all that we do and being Enthusiastic and Collegiate in the way that we do it. Providing excellent training and development opportunities for staff is an important part of what we do, as our long-standing Investors in People accreditation demonstrates. We are very proud to have been awarded Investors in People silver accreditation in 2018 and named as one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’ for every consecutive year since 2004.