Job title: Group Head of Supply Chain Risk Strategy
Location: Frimley - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
The Procurement and Supply Chain Functional Excellence team:
We have a rare and exciting opportunity in the Group Functional Excellence team to lead the Supply Chain Risk Strategy across the UK and Rest of World Business. The primary purpose of the role is to enhance our Supply Chain resilience and competitive advantage through intelligence sharing and risk management across the enterprise; whilst also reporting risk information and analysis to the Global Supply Chain Leadership Team and members of the Executive Committee.
You will collaborate cross-functionally across the UK and Rest of World business, including the UK and Australia in our Combat Aircraft, Ship Building, Submarine and Support businesses, to develop the Risk Strategy for the function. The successful candidate will also work in consultation with the US business across products for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology and support services.
To start with, this role will lead in a matrix structure, creating a Supply Chain Centre of Excellence for risk management across the function working closely with risk leads in Supply Chain, Finance, Security and Project Management. The direct team may grow through 2024 to support effective collaboration across the enterprise, providing enhanced governance and a global risk intelligence capability, increasing the effectiveness of functional risk management and influence of the HO team.
This is an excellent opportunity which will enable you to work across the global organisation to influence cross functional.
What you'll be doing:
- You will be accountable directly to the Supply Chain Functional Excellence Director.
- Develop the UK/Rest of World Supply Chain Risk Strategy and Framework to embed consistent risk management and consolidated information across the function.
- Provide exceptional leadership through the UK/ROW Risk Centre of Excellence.
- Ensure UK/Rest of World functional Risk Strategy is integrated and aligned with all other areas of the value chain and associated risk activity across the corporate landscape.
- Develop partnerships with industry and academia to effectively leverage best practice & research.
- Ensure the functional Risk Strategy, framework and implementation activities are communicated effectively, providing all stakeholders with topical and accurate information.
Your skills and experiences:
- Project Management (APM or equivalent), ideally including agile or equivalent experience.
- Risk management qualification and/or previous experience of implementing and owning risk management strategies and briefing at a senior level in the business
- Strong stakeholder management, influencing and communication skills to develop and agree Risk Strategy and benefits.
- The ability to translate complex risk information into simple, straightforward and practical intelligence and reporting.
- The ability to cut through and manage complexity to develop the functional Risk Strategy and framework for the function.
- Proven ability to coach and lead a high performing team, enabling a positive working culture that embraces diversity of thought.
- Extensive experience in leading and developing risk management approaches in a complex, global organisation.
You'll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You'll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you'll be able to make a real difference. You'll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you'll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments."
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.