Tuesday 26 September 2023
£87,750 - £97,500
Agile Working Options
Quantitative Data Engineer (.NET / SQL)
Lloyds Banking Group
Location: London, Bristol, or Edinburgh
Hybrid working: 2 days per week in the office and the rest from home
Salary & Benefits: £92,970 to £108,465 base salary, depending on experience.
Additional Package: Annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution (when you put in 6%), flexible benefits system, private medical insurance, 30 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Portfolio Analytics and Insights (PA&I) is a core Analytics team responsible for providing business analytical capabilities across Business and Commercial Banking (BCB) and CIB (Corporate and Institutional Banking). PA&I is in charge of developing the methodologies, data and tools to support delivery of sustainable returns from client relationships, portfolio risk reward optimisation, enhancing BCB and CIB’s client insight, digitisation, and innovation.
What will your role look like?
This is great role if you like a mix of technical development activities, advanced statistical analysis and software development!
You’ll get the opportunity to be involved in a range of activities such as;
- Providing quantitative tools to support the analytics capability of Commercial Banking.
- Leading software implementation of Return on Risk Adjusted Capital models (RoRAC) to support origination of Commercial Lending products (.NET or Python for development)
- Being the main point of contact for internal business clients
- Developing and embedding use of advanced machine learning and statistical methods to identify and quantify opportunities for growth, through client acquisition and developing relationships.
To do this you’ll develop a strong understanding of both technical and business impact of credit risk models, attend risk forums, and review annual model validations. As needed you’ll research innovative techniques and market best practices for enhancing existing credit risk model models.
We’re happy to consider someone who does not currently work within credit risk industry if your already working as a quantitative analyst in a similar role within a different industry.
So what experience & skills you need to apply?
Lloyds Banking Group is made up of people from a range of roles and industry backgrounds, for this particular role we’ll be looking for the following within your application;
- Career background as a quantitative analyst, mathematician or data analyst, working at senior analyst level.
- Strong statistical analysis skills and associated technical knowledge around either Python or R or Matlab.
- SQL coding experience to intermediate level to extract data Intermediate to good technical skill in either Python or C#.NET (10 - 20% of role)
- Strong customer management, communication & influencing skills. Experience supporting testing activities
Please note that training around credit risk, financial services product knowledge and industry regulatory knowledge can be given as long as you have all six of the criteria above.
About working for us;
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
Ready for a career where you can have a positive impact as you learn, grow and thrive? Apply today and find out more