Role: ESG Data Consultant
Location: Walton on Thames & London
Work model: Office based
Salary: £30 000 - £35 000 pa
A position is available for a bright and driven ESG Data Consultant, looking to work in a high-paced, fast-growth and multi-disciplinary environment. Our company is uniquely positioned in the ESG/Sustainability sector. It’s a great role for an aspiring ESG Data Consultant with some experience looking to grow at pace as our consultancy and company scales quickly. They will also be required to showcase their expertise in optimizing the full potential of the third-party software solutions currently in use and manage these supplier relationships. The role will suit someone looking to develop their data management skills in line with our vision and strategy.
- The position will require the successful ESG Data Consultant candidate to be able to collect, organise, analyse and interpret technical ESG information and apply commercial thinking to help colleagues and clients make informed decisions.
- Software demonstrations and training: Demonstrate effective communication skills by confidently demonstrating and onboarding our clients onto our ESG platforms/solutions and being responsible for regular updates in their ESG performance.
- Knowledge and first-hand experience with Monday.com is desirable.
- User documentation: Maintain user guides and training videos.
- Accurate Data Entry: Perform data entry tasks with a high degree of accuracy, entering various types of data into our systems, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Data Validation: Ensure the integrity of the data by performing thorough validation checks and cross-referencing information. This will require the successful candidate to upskill and continually stay abreast of the ESG data landscape.
- Data Cleansing: Identify and correct errors or inconsistencies in the data to maintain the quality of our database.
- Data Analysis Support: Assist in data analysis tasks, such as generating simple reports and visualisations using Excel, Domo, Tableau
- Documentation: Maintain clear and organised documentation of data sources, entry procedures, and any issues encountered during the data entry process.
- Process Improvement: Continuously seek opportunities to streamline data entry processes and suggest improvements to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- A Bachelor's degree in an applied or technical discipline (Computer Science, Data Engineering, Mathematics/Statistics, or similar) preferred.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in data analysis, database management, process design, building BI technologies or related field.
- Proven working experience in a customer-facing role and know how to build rapport with clients.
- Strong knowledge of database management and data wrangling.
- Proficiency in data analysis tools, SQL, and data visualisation tools (e.g., Domo, Tableau, Power BI).
- Advanced MS Excel, Power Query etc. for data analysis, and proficiency in MS Office (PowerPoint etc.).
- Understands programming languages (for example SQL, Python).
- Meticulous and detail-obsessed – hold strong attention to detail and accuracy, with a keen eye for spotting inconsistencies and errors.