I have been approached by our long-standing client to recruit a brand-new role, a Senior Internal Audit Manager (of 4 Senior Internal Auditors), as part of an entire team build-out (likely to be circa 10 people, including IA and IT Audit).
This award-winning, global technology and software business’ HQ is in London, but given their footprint, they have stated that their Audit team can be based wherever they choose where they have major operations in the UK or in the EU - Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, and Sweden - your choice!
The role is role is truly flexible, and as the leader of the Operational and Financial side of the IA function, you will decide the plan, with the Global Head of Audit, but we expect the travel will be very balanced at around 25%, if that.
On arrival, the role would be a Senior Internal Audit Manager, reporting directly to the Global Head of Audit, who in turn reports directly to the CFO and Audit Committee (AC) Chair. The purpose of this position is to provide assurance to the Senior Management and the Board by delivering the internal audit plan, and recruitment of your team of 4 Auditors - part 2 of this project (once we fill this role) will be to support you with that. As part of this journey, in the role, you will:
- Develop, lead and deliver the IA plan,
- Ensure the controls properly mitigate the risks,
- Ensure that audit and assurance and follow-up work is completed in accordance with the SLT and AC.
- Recruit and manage a small team of internal auditors (and other professionals, e.g., Risk).
- Work to ensure that stakeholders are properly managing and mitigating the risks identified.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of professional and technical developments in relation to risk management, internal control and governance, the company’s objectives, risks, and KPIs.
- Maintain knowledge and adhere to relevant Group Policies and Procedures, Legislation, and Regulations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels throughout the company.
- Prepare and present to the SLT and Senior Management, plans for implementing your strategy and in-year progress reports.
- Maximize performance delivery and development, encouraging collaboration and empowerment.
- Communicate well, to enable effective engagement and understanding.
This role would be ideal for a top-end Internal Audit Manager; or Senior Audit / Assurance Manager from a large business (a No 2); or an established Audit leader (e.g., Head of Audit) in a smaller business, looking for their next challenge.
The successful candidate is likely to have a relevant degree, be accountancy qualified (ACA, ACCA, CPA, RA, CIA, etc.) and have some progressive (senior management and leadership) experience working in internal/external audit. You don't have to come directly from a tech firm, thought that would be a significant advantage. Our client is very open minded on who they employ, and so are we! Most importantly, you will have a great personality and work style to thrive in a tech-based, modern and forward-thinking environment.
Would you like to hear more?
Hanami International Ltd are committed to protecting your Data. By submitting your information, you confirm that you have read and understood our Privacy Notice which outlines how we use information we collect about you. (Our Privacy Notice can be found at www.hanamiinternational.com/privacy-notice). Feel free to visit this for more information about how we collect and process personal data.
Paying up to c. £120,000; or €140,000 plus 20% bonus, and all the other benefits you’d expect from a major global tech & software business.