Your new company
A not for profit organisation based across the UK offer mostly remote working (apart from meetings) to a positive and experienced Governance Officer with experience of one of the following areas as well as strong admin skills and excellent communication skills:
Data Protection or Governance or Audit or in-house Insurance or CoSec/Legal.Your new role
Your role will provide support to the business from a governance and assurance perspective.
The focus of the role will be towards information governance (c35% of the time) and also a broad mix of governance and associated administration duties
What you'll need to succeed
- Delivering an efficient service to customers and colleagues as the first point of contact for advice and queries about governance activities
- Managing and planning the arrangements for meetings, including attendance at meetings to record proceedings when required.
- Providing personalised support and advice to the non-executives, enabling them to fulfil their roles effectively.
- Managing the fulfilment of statutory requirements under Data Protection legislation.
- Regular and structured review of delegations and the other documentation supporting the governance, risk and assurance framework and its communication to colleagues.
- Completing regulatory returns and the fulfilment of other governance processes by proactively maintaining all governance records and registers.
- Implementing solutions to improve processes and enhance the experience of those accessing the team's services.
You will ideally have a few years' experience working in governance/legal/compliance and/or data protection and have strong administration skills and people skills.
You will have experience of dealing with SARs and data breaches and policies and procedures.
You will be available at short notice to start the contract during September or early October.What you'll get in return
Mostly remote working - just meeting around once a month for team meetings and occasional events.
£32000 + bens
Very flexible working arrangements and good work-life balance
6 months FTC with possibility of longer term options. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.