Tuesday 10 October 2023
JOB TITLE: Test Analyst - Chief Technology Office (CTO)
SALARY: The salary banding is £45,054 - £50,060
LOCATION: Edinburgh or Halifax
HOURS: 35 hours, full time
WORKING PATTERN: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites.
About this opportunity
If you enjoy delivering solutions to solve problems, this is the role for you!
The Chief Technology Office (CTO) oversee the overall technology strategy and leading on Engineering Services, Business and Enterprise Architecture, Engineering capability and standards and Innovation.
We’re looking for someone with an automation first approach to Testing, a focus on reducing risk, a passion for leading efficiency and are more than capable of driving projects forward. You'll work reliably with multi-disciplinary, internal and external distributed teams and are experienced in guiding, coaching and helping others.
Driving quality throughout the change lifecycle working in a cross-disciplinary team. Undertaking & leading testing of complex code changes across multiple types of testing to deliver products that are fit for purpose and meet the quality standards that our customers expect, based on deep domain and technical expertise. Understanding the importance of testing and educates other change fields. Looks to automate testing where appropriate, updating and streamlining the test automation framework & coding standards deployed within the team.
Participating in & establishing Communities of Practice, Guilds and Improvement Working Groups and sharing learning with members of their team. Undertaking mentoring and coaching as well as additional leadership activities. Keen to deepen your technical knowledge and understanding as well as developing, practicing and demonstrating the workplace skills and behaviours required for this job role.
Why Lloyds Banking Group
From building a truly sustainable business to creating a place where people love to work, we need colleagues who are up for the challenge of our bold ambitions. Who are excited to push boundaries and make change happen. Together, we can grow with purpose.
What you’ll need
- A Quality Assurance and Quality Engineering background
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile Frameworks (such as the Scrum, Kanban, Lean) and has practical experience of working in Agile environments
- Shows knowledge and some experience of other techniques that support Agile working, such as Dev Ops, Lean, System Thinking
- Good analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills.
And any experience of these would be really useful
- The test lifecycle including Functional Testing
- Test Data and Environments
- Integration with legacy platforms (CRM, PEGA, PEGA CLOUD, SOA & WORKFLOW)
- Test Automation tools
- Ability to lead the FT Third Party test resources assigned to your given Projects.
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know
We also offer a wide ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 28 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.