- Join a new function and genuinely make a difference
- Flexible benefits and giving back to an essential need in society
About Our Client
Bradford is setting up a new Children and Families Trust. The Trust is commissioned by Bradford Council to deliver a wide range of services for children, families and young people on their behalf. The Trust is accountable for determining how outcomes of these services are achieved and for the day-to-day running of commissioned children's services.
This is an important opportunity to renew our approach to delivering the support that Bradford's children, young people and families in need, by renewing services and creating a new organisation. We are bringing the mindset, dynamism and energy of a start-up together with the national expertise and determination of the Trust's Board, senior leadership and our colleagues' practical experiences of providing children's services in Bradford.
As a new organisation, Bradford Children and Families Trust is establishing our own purpose, vision, and outcomes for what we aim to achieve.
- Work across the Trust to grow risk management awareness and skills at all levels of management so that they are able to identify and assess risks and opportunities across all aspects of the Trust, including operational, financial, strategic, and compliance.
- Develop and maintain a centralised strategic risk register that provides a comprehensive overview of all identified risks, their potential impact, and corresponding risk mitigations and controls.
- Produce regular risk reports and updates to support monitoring meetings with the Council as part of the contract requirements.
- Work closely with the PMO, improvement leads and senior leadership teams to ensure alignment of risk approaches enabling escalation / de-escalation and effective monitoring and review to ensure appropriate risk financing mechanisms and risk transfer strategies are in place.
- Ensure the Trust's risk management processes align with the Service Delivery Contract, legal and regulatory requirements. Keep abreast of changing regulations and industry best practices to enhance risk management practices.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive risk management framework across the Trust.
- Collaborate with executive and senior leadership teams to integrate risk management into strategic decision-making processes.
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, corporate governance standards, and financial requirements: working collaboratively with senior finance and governance leads.
- Coordinate risk assessments, internal audits, and reporting to monitor risk exposures and progress in risk mitigation efforts.
- Design and maintain a business continuity and crisis management plan to respond effectively to unforeseen events.
- Provide expert risk-related advice to the Executive Leadership Team and the Trust Board to inform strategic planning.
- Cultivate a risk-aware culture within the organisation through training, active risk and opportunity management and proactive risk reporting.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and best practices in risk management to enhance the Trust's risk management practices continuously.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven risk management experience
- Ability to demonstrate insight and understanding of the Trust risk landscape
- Strong knowledge of risk management principles, methodologies, and regulations.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with a high level of integrity and attention to detail..
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary,
- Competitive benefits package,
- Hybrid working
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCNJN0920236176265Z
Closing Date: 29/09/2023