BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
BAE Systems Digital Intelligence is home to over 4,800 digital, cyber and intelligence experts. We work collaboratively across 16 countries to collect, connect and understand complex data, so that governments, nation states, armed forces and commercial businesses can unlock digital advantage in the most demanding environments.
We are looking for experienced Security Consultant
to join our team following continuous growth and success in the UK Government and Law Enforcement sectors based in East London. Behind great solutions there are great people: our employees. We pride ourselves on being able to solve some of our customers’ most complex problems. Our people are what differentiates us, they are ingenious, innovative and dedicated. We have a mix of generalists and specialists and recognise that this diversity contributes to our success. In general, we work in teams. We recognise the benefits of forming teams from a mix of disciplines, which allows us to come up with balanced, high quality solutions.
As a key member of our National Security community, you’ll be working with our National Security Customers to build systems that support their core mission capabilities. You’ll work as part of empowered, autonomous teams with regular contact with end-users to flexibly and efficiently design, develop, deploy and maintain applications and services.
We work hard and often go the extra mile, but we recognise people’s efforts and that everyone has a life outside of work. We encourage people to speak up if they want to rotate to a new project in support of career development, or even just to face a new challenge. Our breadth across the UK Government and Law Enforcement sectors provides diverse opportunities for our people to develop their careers in new areas of expertise or with new clients. Role Summary
The role of the Technical Security Consultant is to provide security skills and support necessary to allow continuous security inclusion and integration of the required hard and soft best practices, standards, and regulations across the client’s network estate, with varying classifications.
It’s an amazing time to join our rapidly growing team, where you'll be supported by an experienced group of engineers and consultants. Working closely with the Technical Leads and a diverse development team spanning many various experience levels, you will be able to take ownership of one or more areas of security reviews, assessments and general security recommendations and advisories.
There will be opportunities to mentor colleagues, and you’ll be given the space to operate with a high level of autonomy. Key Skills:-
- Understanding and ideally some practical experience in information security, risk management, or compliance roles is essential. This could include positions such as security analyst, security engineer, or security consultant, where you have gained hands-on experience with security technologies, risk assessments, compliance frameworks, and governance practices.
- Familiarity with industry best practices, standards, and regulations related to governance, risks, and compliance such as ISO27001, NIST Cybersecurity Frameworks, GDPR, RIPA/IPA etc.
- Ability to conduct risk assessment, vulnerability assessments and penetration testing.
- Understanding of PSN Networks and air gapped environments.
- Knowledge of security policies, procedures, and controls implementation.
- Experience in auditing, monitoring, and evaluating the effectiveness of security controls.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to identify, assess and mitigate risks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with clients, stakeholders, and other team members.
You will ideally have experience in some of these, but if not we’ll help you with them:
- Knowledge of emerging technologies, cloud security and data privacy.
- Awareness of legal and regulatory frameworks specific to the UK, such as Network and Information Systems Regulations 2018.
- Continuous learning mind-set, to stay updated with the evolving security landscape.
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Project management skills to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
SC clearance is required as a minimum, though you will ideally be willing to go through UKSV DV Security Clearance to enable working across all of the client’s networks. How do we support you:-
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
Due to the projects you’ll work on, and the clearance required, you will be required to work from a secure site (office) location (depending on project commitments). Typically our project teams work 2-3 days a week on site, though some roles involve 4-5 days, with sites in London (Vauxhall, Southwark and Stratford) and Bristol. The clearance level you’ll be required to achieve is SC
. The clearance vetting process will take place over the course of the on boarding programme and will be managed by BAE Systems Shared Services. Life at BAE Systems Digital Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day.
By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance well-being.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Digital Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds - the best and brightest minds - can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. Division overview: Capabilities
At BAE Systems Digital Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Capabilities is the engine that keeps the business moving forward. It is the largest area of Digital Intelligence, containing our Engineering, Consulting and Project Management teams that design and implement the defence solutions and digital transformation projects that make us a globally recognised brand in both the public and private sector.
As a member of the Capabilities team, you will be creating and managing the solutions that earn us our place in an ever changing digital world. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.