Wednesday 04 October 2023 Salary range
£61,641 - £68,490 We support agile working
Click here for more information on agile working options. Agile Working Options
Hybrid Working Job descriptionJOB TITLE: SOx IT and Control Testing ManagerSALARY: £61,641 to £68,490LOCATION(S): Edinburgh, Birmingham, Bristol, Chester, Halifax, Leeds, ManchesterHOURS: Full-timeWORKING PATTERN:
Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites.About this opportunity
We love to do things differently in COO Risk Services! We encourage our colleagues to be ambitious, challenge existing practices and come up with new and innovative ideas.
We work in close collaboration with the business areas we support across the Group Chief Operating Office (GCOO) to understand applicable risks and regulation and help the business to manage them in a controlled manner - our key priority is to transform the bank in a safe and compliant way.
We're committed to achieving this vision through a clear focus on providing expert risk advice & guidance, creating and delivering an optimised control environment, investing in developing our people and exploring technology solutions to improve our effectiveness.
We’re looking for a Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) IT & Cyber Controls Testing Manager to join our team. You'll contribute to the delivery of high quality and value adding testing and assessment activities, related to IT General Computing Controls (GCCs), supporting the Group’s SOx management assurance programme.As a SOx IT and Control Testing Manager,
Why Lloyds Banking Group
- Conduct IT controls testing activities in areas such as Privileged Access Management, Change and Release Management, Incident Management, IT Operations, Cloud and Resiliency.
- Evaluate and assess the design and operating effectiveness of IT Controls and their impact on the associated IT risks.
- Manage testing progress for your assigned controls and update senior audiences about progress and results.
- Assist management to determine appropriate actions required to remediate control deficiencies identified from testing.
- Assist in scoping, planning and scheduling of IT Control Testing activities.
- Support risk/control owners to understand their SOx responsibilities and enable timely delivery of the annual attestation process.
- Adopt a continuous improvement mentality, seeking opportunities to provide greater assurance over the effectiveness of risk and control management in an efficient and robust manner, promoting and employing greater use of data analytics to achieve this.
If you think all banks are the same, you’d be wrong. We’re an innovative, fast-changing business that’s shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that’s empowering its people to innovate, explore possibilities and grow with purpose.What you’ll need
You’ll have significant experience and knowledge in having tested technology, and cyber security controls, both in the cloud and on-premise, as well as:
And any experience of these would be really useful:
- Have at least 3 years of relevant experience in IT Risk Management, IT Internal / External audit or an accountancy/consulting firm ideally focused on Financial Services.
- Proven knowledge of SOx methodology frameworks
- Proven UK SOx IT Controls Testing experience
- Solid understanding of the information technology risk and controls inherent in various technologies (e.g. Cloud, Mainframe) and related security standard methodologies.
- Ability to fix problems and challenge current ways of doing things with innovative ideas including us of data analysis, automation and monitoring.
- Be a highly motivated self-starter who routinely works on their own initiative.
- Ability to build and maintain strong and constructive stakeholder relationships.
About working for us
- A good understanding of various Information Technology Assurance Frameworks (COBIT, ISO27001, ITIL, NIST etc.) and of current and emerging technology trends
- Qualified in CISA and have any additional qualifications (e.g. CISSP/CISM and CRISC)
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
Ready for a career where you can have a positive impact as you learn, grow and thrive?Apply today and find out more.
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies