Thursday 05 October 2023
£78,634 - £92,510
Agile Working Options
JOB TITLE: Senior Manager Portfolio & Execution Risk
Salary: £78,634 - £92,510
LOCATION(S): Bristol, Edinburgh, Halifax and Leeds
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Hybrid, 40% (or two days) in one of the above office locations.
About this opportunity
We're looking for a dynamic, motivated, forward looking and confident individual to join the Portfolio and Execution team. You’ll be focused on leading the relationships with senior business partners, implementing the new engagement model for strategic transformation oversight and helping to shape the technical change training and capability programme. In addition, you’ll have a critical role to play in influencing the integration of control design into the change process and supporting the Group’s automation objective.
This role will help provide oversight of the Group’s £3bn transformation activity, building relationships with senior partners and supporting colleagues to develop capabilities to ensure change risk and controls are effectively embedded.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide robust advice, challenge and partnership to identify, mitigate and measure non-financial risks.
- Drive the embedding of the new platform engagement model to ensure risks are managed safely.
- Apply a data approach to identify, source and analyse data to inform oversight priorities and accurately underpin findings and recommendations.
- Build great relationships with senior partners, including with regulators as required. Collaborate with colleagues across CCOR and with other risk SMEs, Risk Division and the three lines of defence to achieve CCOR and broader business objectives.
- Deputise for the Head of Function in attending relevant governance forums providing advice, oversight and independent challenge to risk decisions (BAU and Change).
- Supporting the implementation of control by design methodology.
Like the modern Britain we serve, we’re evolving. Investing billions in our people, data and tech to transform the way we meet the ever-changing needs of our 26 million customers. We’re growing with purpose. Join us on our journey and you will too.
What you’ll need:
- Robust understanding of the Risk Management Frameworks and related Control Environment.
- Business knowledge and understanding of strategic objectives.
- Significant practical risk management knowledge and experience.
And any experience of these would be really useful:
- Significant work experience in COO and / or Transformation functions.
- Experience within or oversighting change activity, with an appreciation for the change methodology.
- An understanding of the technology strategy and its application to business objectives
- Breadth of knowledge and experience across the key businesses of Lloyds Banking Group and the wider financial services industry; understanding of economic, political and social trends.
- Ability to identify, articulate and manage risks to strategy.
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal, and experience leading /managing others within the team through coaching / developing.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual bonus award, subject to Group performance
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Want to do amazing work, that’s interesting and makes a difference to millions of people? Join our journey.