Job Title: Cyber Security Engineer (SPLUNK)
Location: UK Wide
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: U p to £55,000 - Depending on experience and skills
What you’ll be doing:
• Installation & support of Splunk Enterprise Platform
• Working with Admin ON Demand / Splunk PS to conclusion of issues within the environment
• On-Boarding new data sources and Apps and Add-ons into Splunk
• Building/testing log ingestion sources
• Development of automation scripts using Python and various toolset API’s
• Supporting SIEM and SOAR technologies
• Provide ongoing management and administration of cyber security solutions
• Provide support to projects delivering and implementation of cyber security solutions
• Where required, integrate with service operations and project delivery to enable quick and compliant change and service stability
• Installation & support of security toolset hardware
• Provide guidance and support to team members where required
Your skills and experiences:
• Knowledge of deploying, maintaining, and configuring the Splunk Enterprise Platform
• A strong technical background with a proven experience in a Splunk role
• Good understanding of architecture and configurations of large-scale networks (30,000+ devices) and the underlying security technologies
• Experience of working with system management toolsets in a technical capacity
• Previous experience and exposure to Windows Event Collection/Forwarding (build, configuration, and tuning), Log sources and ingestion, CIM Mapping, RegEx Field Extractions, Syslog + Parsing
• Ideally with exposure of VMware, Windows, UNIX, and associated technologies
• Trained to Splunk Enterprise Certified Admin level
• Relevant Security Certifications are desirable but not essential (CISSP, GIAC (Advanced Certifications) e.g., GCIA, GCIH or GCFA and CompTIA Security +
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Cyber Engineering team:
You will be joining an expansion to an existing cyber engineering team, supporting additional requirements that sits within Enterprise IT, providing enterprise IT services across the UK businesses and internationally. You will participate in the creation of security solutions to provide enterprise security services, and maintain, develop, and communicate their associated roadmaps and standards through the full lifecycle of the service. This could also offer a natural progression route and the opportunity to develop further.
Closing Date: 5 th October 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.