Job title: Senior Consultant Engineer - Systems Engineering (Process, Governance & Maturity)
Location: Barrow-in-Furness.We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
What you’ll be doing:
• Providing leadership and guidance to Systems Engineers and Model-Based Systems Engineering practitioners, engineering teams and programme leadership to help them apply systems engineering effectively
• Working with the Chief Systems Engineer to undertake periodic audits on programmes to ensure that Systems Engineering guidance is being interpreted and implemented correctly
• Providing coaching, training and ad hoc support to Systems Engineering practitioners
• Providing consultancy support to Systems Engineering/Model-Based Systems Engineering framework leads to ensure that the frameworks are coherent and can be applied harmoniously in practical applications
• Working closely with transversal stakeholders to ensure that their specialist needs are incorporated coherently and maintained within the Systems Engineering programme activities
• Monitoring Systems Engineering developments and best practice in relevant domains, to make informed agreements about their adoption within the business
Your skills and experiences:
• A first degree in STEM subject or a degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent working experience
• Good knowledge in the application of modern systems engineering methods to large scale system development, including a variety of system types
• Experience of Systems Engineering technical methods and practices, such as ontologies, modelling languages, architecture frameworks, processes and tooling
• Chartered status or be working towards it
• Understanding of the BAE Systems Engineering Delivery Framework or similar
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
You will be assisting the Chief systems engineer across three programs, working closely with the program teams to help implement best practises. This role will provide you with an opportunity to engage with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels, from Programme Senior Stakeholders to Specialist Suppliers and Contractors, offering a great deal of exposure across the business, opening exciting developmental opportunities.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
Closing Date: 5 t h October 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.