Job Title: Senior Measurement Audit Engineer
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
What you’ll be doing:
• Support the department’s technical management in line with requirement of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 standard
• Maintain and develop the department’s personnel competency framework to meet the requirement of the standard
• Provide guidance to the department’s Laboratory Information Management team on the requirements of the standard
• Review records of metrological traceability and ensure that traceability is established and maintained
• Review and evaluate measurement uncertainty
• Monitor the performance of the department through a system of audits, checks, and comparisons (inter/intra labs)
• Support the department’s quality group to deliver the internal audit programme
Your skills and experiences:
• HNC or equivalent in a STEM discipline
• Experience conducting and reporting internal audits to ISO 17025/9001
• Experience of data analysis and technical reporting
• Awareness of Calibration
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Metrology team:
The Metrology group forms part of Instrumentation and Calibration Services (ICS), providing calibration and testing services for all instrumentation used to support manufacturing, build and commissioning programs. The group’s primary role is to oversee the activities conducted in its highly specialised facilities across the Barrow site and ensure that they are conducted in accordance with the requirements of international standards.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
4th October 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.