Compliance Officer (Investigator)
Compliance Officer (Investigator)
Salary: £24,300 – £30,600
Contract: Fixed term contract - ends 30th September 2024
We are looking to recruit a Compliance Officer to join our motivated and dedicated Compliance team. This is an exciting time to join us as we continue our mission to safeguard the security and integrity of Cambridge International exams and assessments.
Our mission is to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning, and research at the highest international levels of excellence. Which is why every year, we give vital support to millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world.
We are Cambridge University Press & Assessment, a world-leading academic publisher and assessment organisation and a proud part of the University of Cambridge.
About the role
Reporting to a Compliance Assistant Manager, you will be responsible for investigating instances of suspected and alleged malpractice in our registered schools. You will be empowered to have a portfolio of cases which you will be lead investigator for. You will be establishing the facts of each case using all resources available to you, to gather, record and review evidence before making a decision on an outcome to protect the integrity of our assessments.
To do this, you will be;
- Managing the collection of evidence from a variety of internal and external stakeholders; identifying which evidence is the most important to obtain, and ensuring you collate it quickly and efficiently.
- Evaluating facts and evidence; making informed decisions on whether malpractice has occurred, identifying any additional risks and escalating these to your Coordinator.
- Deciding on outcomes; from issuing warnings through to withholding candidate grades, you will be responsible for communicating fair decisions.
- Providing guidance to our schools; we support our centres to administer exams correctly in line with our regulations.
- Analysing data to identify trends; producing recommendations for centre improvement or potential centre closures.
- Reviewing processes, procedures and external guidelines; ensuring we are always following best practice.
- Supporting the wider Compliance Group as required.
The Compliance team's best asset is its people. To be successful in the role, you will be a confident, independent worker whilst being a collaborative and conscientious team player, with an eye for detail and excellent analytical and decision-making abilities.
You will also;
- Be a quick learner who is not afraid to ask questions.
- Be skilled in assessing risk.
- Be able to manage a varying workload and to successfully meet multiple tight deadlines.
- Have excellent communication skills providing information to a variety of stakeholders with diplomacy, precision and sensitivity.
- Deliver superb customer service in all aspects of your work.
- Have a positive outlook and enjoy sharing achievements with the team.
The Compliance team is passionate about safeguarding the integrity of our assessments and exams. We strive to provide excellent support our exams officers, teachers and candidates to enable them to confidently access our exams and apply the regulations outlined in the Cambridge Handbook. If you can relate to this mission, we want to hear from you!
Rewards and benefits
We will support you to be at your best in work and to live well outside of it. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer a world-class, flexible rewards package, featuring family-friendly and planet-friendly benefits including:
- Group personal pension scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Life assurance up to 4 x annual salary
- Private medical and Permanent Health Insurance
- Green travel schemes
- 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays
We also offer flexible and hybrid working options from day one. We will consider any work arrangements if you wish to work flexibly or require adjustments due to a disability.
Ready to pursue your potential? Apply now.
We review applications on an ongoing basis, with a closing date for all applications being Sunday 15th October. However, this is a rolling campaign, and therefore we will conduct interviews as and when candidates apply. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested in this exciting opportunity, we encourage you to submit your application as early as possible.
Please note that successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory background checks including DBS due to working in a regulated industry.
Please note, Cambridge University Press & Assessment is unable to issue sponsorship under the Skilled Worker Visa route for this role as it does not meet the minimum skill and/or salary requirements.
Why join us
Joining us is your opportunity to pursue potential. You'll belong to a collaborative team that's exploring new and better ways to serve students, teachers and researchers across the globe – for the benefit of individuals, society and the world. Sharing our mission will inspire your own growth, development and progress, in an environment which embraces difference, change and aspiration.
Cambridge University Press & Assessment is committed to being a place where anyone can enjoy a successful career, where everyone has a voice, and where we learn continuously to improve together. Ensuring that everyone feels they belong is essential to who we are, and to the contribution we make to society and our planet.
We believe better outcomes come through diversity of thought, background and approach. We welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and communities, actively seeking to employ people from a wide range of different communities.