Head of Financial Crime - Framework and Analytics
Sunday 08 October 2023
Agile Working Options
JOB TITLE: Head of Financial Crime - Framework and Analytics
Salary: £128,112 - £150,720
WORKING PATTERN: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites
About this opportunity
Financial crime has the potential to threaten the safety and security of our customers as well as the United Kingdom. Across the UK the threat is growing, and we play a key part as one of the largest financial services providers in identifying and preventing financial crime. We play a substantial role to mitigate these threats whilst enabling the Consumer businesses to grow and evolve.
Against a backdrop of a changing threat environment, we must evolve our prevention, detection and response controls to ensure that we're responding to the risks of today and the evolution of the threat of tomorrow.
Be part of Helping Britain Prosper by joining our Financial Crime team to advance our control requirements and capabilities demonstrating best practice from industry, regulatory expectations and across the wider Group.
Day to day, you will:
- Lead the evolution of and strategic design of end-to-end financial crime risk framework and controls design. The role will have an initial focus on anti-money laundering end-to-end review of the framework.
- Advance our capabilities to identify financial crime risks by using data led analytics and insights e.g. identifying patterns of behaviour in transactions.
- Develop and lead response to Financial Crime policy evolution to constantly improve effectiveness of our response to the risks we face.
- Provide subject matter authority knowledge across all the Consumer financial crime team and with wider Group partners in accordance with our risk appetite around financial crime.
- Co-lead the transformation of our financial risk capabilities to better understand, monitor, adapt and respond to the changing threats of financial crime.
Why Lloyds Banking Group
If you think all banks are the same, you’d be wrong. We’re an innovative, constantly evolving business that’s shaping finance as a force for good. A bank that’s empowering its people to innovate, explore possibilities and grow with purpose.
What you’ll need:
- A strong delivery focussed individual who can help lead across critical teams to support our customers.
- A proven effective leader who is experienced in engaging at a senior leadership level, and who is readily able to support and join conversations with senior partners, government and regulators when required.
- Curiosity with a real passion for, and dedication to, growth and developing themselves and their teams.
- Consistent record in leadership and motivation of essential expert teams
- Significant experience of developing strategic directions and leading the execution of significant change.
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, enquiring mind and the ability to analyse complex issues to advise management decisions.
- Proven track record in talent development, performance management and colleague engagement to drive a culture that values, recognises and generates high performance.
- Strong resilience and growth mindset keeping abreast with the latest developments and external trend.
And any experience of these would be really useful:
- Evaluating and building control frameworks.
- Building data led analysis techniques for risk management, ideally financial crime risk management such as anti-money laundering.
- Brilliant communication that brings an audience with you through a complex topic
- Knowledge and practice of the lifecycle of preventing and responding to economic crime.
- Leading colleagues across a matrix to deliver challenging but important shared objectives.
- Collaboratively working with technology and platform partners to improve technology led risk controls.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture. We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative. And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups. We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance-related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
This is a once in a career opportunity to help shape your future as well as ours. Join us and grow with purpose!
More searches like this
- Forensic / Fraud Financial Services £150,000 or more jobs in Manchester
- Financial Crime Financial Services £150,000 or more jobs in Manchester
- Compliance & Regulation Financial Services £150,000 or more jobs in Manchester
- Analytics Financial Services £150,000 or more jobs in Manchester
- Data Analytics Financial Services £150,000 or more jobs in Manchester