Sunday 08 October 2023
£56,322 - £62,580
Agile Working Options
Specifically, key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the audit planning process, executing control testing and providing input to the audit outputs related to Payments highlighting key risk issues to the business and senior audit management team.
- Owning work and be responsible for the quality, timely delivery of work in line with audit methodology.
- Supporting the team / department on strategy and approach for coverage of Payments activities.
- Understanding and developing specialist areas of subject matter expertise in Payments including associated risks.
- Building and maintaining constructive relationships with key stakeholders and auditees within the audit engagements or areas of continuous monitoring.
- Working collaboratively with all Internal Audit colleagues as well as supporting the delivery and execution of key GIA or team specific initiatives.
- Extensive experience of Payments activity working in Internal or External Audit, a Risk Function, or the Business.
- Strong understanding of risks and controls within the Payments world with Payments IT knowledge a preference.
- Knowledge of how to use or apply data analytics to drive impact audit outcomes, continuous risk monitoring and data analysis.
- A good understanding of regulatory environment in Payments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and can effectively demonstrate strong negotiation and influencing techniques when required.
- Adopts a collaborative, proactive and motivated approach, with the ability to lead and deliver through others.
- Takes full ownership and accountability for tasks assigned to them.
- Strong decision-making skills and the ability to make sound judgements.
- Excellent attention to details and accuracy and adherence to methodology requirements.
- The ability to multitask and manage large workloads and tight deadlines. Is both delivery and quality focussed.
What are we looking for?
We’re looking for team players - Trust each other, act as one team to achieve the best outcomes and make a positive difference to the Group and its customers.
We want colleagues who are bold and take action - Confidently innovate, share exceptional insights, difficult messages and drive action that leaves a legacy of significantly improved governance, risk management and control.
We want people who will embrace our differences - Be inclusive. Be curious about different cultures and celebrate the opportunity that diversity brings.
We put our people first. We have a proposition that inspires our people to be their best. We’re passionate about developing and retaining talent and helping colleagues realise their potential.
Your approach is just as important as your skillset, if this sounds like you, then we’d welcome your application.
Here's what we can we offer you in return...
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, innovative transformation and you'll help us realise the Group’s vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits, personal development and a career that’s enriching and full of opportunity.
You'll also receive a package that includes...
- Discretionary bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll give up to a max of 15%
- Share plans
- 28 Days leave plus bank holidays
You’ll learn new skills and be given opportunities to grow and develop to help you achieve a rewarding and fulfilling career. We’re a very supportive team who care about your wellbeing. Our Hybrid ways of working means that you can find a work-life balance that suits you, with a mix of home and office working. The expectation currently is that you work a minimum of two days a week in the Office.
Are you interested in joining us? Apply today, we’d love to hear from you.
Will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Our continued commitment to helping Britain prosper means that as a colleague you can make a difference to customers, businesses and communities.
Together we have a key role to play in shaping the bank of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll continue to have opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture, and our approach to inclusion and diversity means that we all have the opportunity to make a real difference, together.
Together we'll make it possible!
As part of the Group's commitments as a result of ring-fencing legislation, colleagues based in the Islands are required to be exclusively dedicated to the non-ring-fenced bank and its subsidiaries. This means that colleagues who are based in the Islands would not be able to undertake roles for the Ring Fenced Bank from their existing location and would need to consider relocation when applying for roles.