Senior Analyst – Asset & Liability Management
Senior Analyst – Asset & Liability Management
- Job ID: 007127
- Location: Leeds, UK, LS1 8EQ
- Job type: Permanent - Full Time
- Salary: Up to £46,000 + Bonus & Benefits
At Yorkshire Building Society we pride ourselves on being a mutual organisation that places our customers at the heart of everything we do. As a result of this we continue to grow and strengthen our position as one of the most trusted financial services providers in the UK, providing real help with real life.
An opportunity has arisen for an Asset & Liability Management (ALM) - Senior Analyst, with a focus on Liquidity, to join the Balance Sheet Management function. In this role you will assist in the ongoing management, monitoring, and reporting of the Society’s liquidity and funding positions, including both internal & regulatory reporting. You'll have a real opportunity to shape the Society's balance sheet; influencing mortgage, saving and treasury decisions, now and into the future. Senior analysts are given industry to manage projects and stakeholder relationships independently. With the recent volatility around the mortgage and savings markets this is an exciting time to join the team as we face into new and ever-evolving challenges.
What you'll do
Support the wider team in ALM reporting. Ensuring the Society protects itself against turbulent market conditions. This reporting includes:
- Regulatory reporting - including but not limited to: PRA 110, LCR, NSFR and ALMM.
- Liquidity forecasting - including MI produced for weekly and monthly Asset and Liability Committees
- Collateral management - ensuring the Society has enough high quality mortgages to support it's covered bond and RMBS plans.
- ILAAP - both in terms of requirement analysis and report writing
- Managing stakeholder relationships, presenting demonstrations of the risks and mitigants in easy to digest ways to director level leadership
- Maintaining current, and developing new MI to guarantee YBS continues to act responsibly for its savings and mortgage customers..
How You’ll Do It
- Educated to degree level in Mathematics/Economics or another relevant discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- Strong experience in at least one of the following areas: regulatory reporting, banking & finance, economic analysis or balance sheet strategy
- Strong numeracy/analytical skills
- Knowledge of balance sheet management principles including market, liquidity, and some capital risk management though these can all be developed within the role.
- Knowledge of retail/commercial product offerings.
- Knowledge of the principles behind product pricing and evaluation including NPV.
At YBS we don’t have shareholders, we have members. We care about people and that includes you. So here, you’ll be respected for who you are, you’ll be able to bring your whole self to work, and you’ll have everything you need to build a long and rewarding career.
Flexibility. We offer a range of flexible working options without unsocial hours, which can help you find a healthy work-life balance. Whether it’s finishing early for an appointment or fitting your studies and hobbies in around your working hours, we can help make it work for you.
Development. We want you to feel challenged here. Whatever your ambitions, we’re committed to helping you develop your skills and move ahead in your career journey. From day one, we’ll set you up for success with a brilliant induction and full training plan, all designed to get you up to speed quickly.
Inclusivity. We’re passionate about creating an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and able to be themselves. If you’ll go the extra mile to help our members, you’ll fit right in and feel you belong here.
About our Benefits
We offer lots of fantastic rewards that you can make the most of in and out of work, including:
- Holiday. You’ll get 25 days plus Bank Holidays, as well as the option to buy up to a further 5 days.
- Bonus. We work together to reach for better at YBS, so when we reach our goals we’re all rewarded, with up to a 10% annual bonus.
- Pension. We know how important it is to save towards the future, that’s why we’ll contribute up 11% into your YBS pension.
- Healthcare. Health and wellbeing are an important part of life at YBS, when you join us you’ll have access to a range of health benefits to suit your life including private medical insurance, dental and healthcare plans.
- My Benefits. When you join YBS you’ll have access to our self-service benefits portal, where you can access a range of retail, hospitality and health discounts,
Ready to apply?
If you’re excited about this role and want to be part of the YBS team, click apply now to send us your application.
More searches like this
- Internal Auditor Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Internal Audit Senior Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Analysis Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Risk Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom
- Analytics Financial Services £60,000 - £69,999 jobs in United Kingdom