Why does this role exist?
BRE is a world leading, multi-disciplinary, building science centre with a mission to improve buildings and infrastructure, through research and knowledge generation. We use our cutting-edge research and science to develop a range of products, services, standards and qualifications that are used around the world to bring about positive change in the built environment.
The BPS (Building Performance Services) team within BRE run a family of schemes who drive better, more sustainable practices and outcomes across the globe through sustainability assessment and certification. They draw together much of BRE’s work and have a reputation in numerous sectors, across a range of lifecycles and services, for providing trusted verification and benchmarking of performance.
The Certification and Operations team falls within the wider BPS Operations team. Primarily undertaking technical audits for a range of schemes including SABRE and NABERS, with the team certify over a thousand BREEAM assessments each year. This role is crucial to the operation of our BREEAM certification business, ensuring that the robustness of our scheme is maintained and that our customers are provided with a professional, thorough and high-quality service.
* The position will be a flexi hybrid role consisting of remote (home) and in office work 2 days per week (based at our BRE Science Park in Watford)*
Job Family: Certification & Testing
Job Family Level: 5
Closing Date: 29/09/2023
The value this role will add
- Undertaking desktop-based technical audits, working alongside translators as required
- Managing personal current workloads, prioritising as required
- Support customers via phone call, email and live chat
- Actively work on professional up-skilling whilst supporting the up-skilling of other team members, including training of new staff.
- Support the leadership team in maintaining high level performance, contributing to ongoing improvement of the QA process and maintain consistency throughout the team
- Maintenance of all relevant records and databases relating to certification work processed
- Other tasks as required by the needs of the operational team
How will success be measured?
- Conducting the minimum level of Quality Assurance Assessment reviews required per month.
- Maintaining turnaround times
- Customer satisfaction levels
What experience and skills does the role need?
- A proactive and efficient team player
- Able to prioritise own workload and able to work without close supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Confident engaging with internal and external stakeholders
- Customer service experience
- Confidence in working within a high volume, fast-paced environment
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office, as well as confidence in being a quick learner for other inhouse bespoke systems
- Ability to follow standard procedures and operational processes
- Knowledge of maintaining accurate administration records
- Broad knowledge across a range of technical, building related discipline, including a understanding of design and construction of buildings, their related impacts and solutions for mitigation
- Knowledge of our products/brands, customers/users and the wider construction industry
- Different environmental assessment methods, BREEAM, NABERS, SABRE or similar
- Previous experience of auditing
- Language skills
- Experience of using a Live Chat system
Please apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment. If we receive a large number of applications for the role, we may close the advert sooner than the specified closing date.
We’re building a diverse and talented team at BRE. We know that different perspectives, experiences and skills will help us be more innovative in delivering effective solutions for our customers.