We are a rapidly growing and ambitious assurance practice of 6 partners supported by a 60 strong team situated in St Paul’s in the City of London. We work with a wide range of privately owned businesses across a variety of sectors including financial services, real estate, retail, manufacturing, professional practices and technology and media. Our clients vary from entrepreneurial start-ups to large international groups with several of our larger clients having turnover and/or assets of more than £200m. We do not currently audit any listed companies.
The Assurance Team is dedicated to delivering exceptional service and is committed to providing all our people with regular and valuable training to support their development. Our low staff turnover rate is testament to the culture of the team and the firm, and of our approach to providing people with the opportunities to progress their careers. As a true meritocracy, we have an excellent track record of promoting to manager and partner levels within the firm.
We are looking for a Senior Audit Associate to provide exceptional services to our clients and add value to our team and the firm. You will be assisting the manager with delivering audit assignments to continue to build the firm’s reputation across various sectors.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Carry out the planning, fieldwork and completion of the audit (statutory and CASS audits) in accordance with auditing standards and the firm’s own approach and methodology.
- Prepare accounts, including consolidated accounts, using CaseWare under UK GAAP or IFRS.
- Supervise the audit assignment and develop strong relationships with the client, with expectation that you will resolve audit issues prior to manager review, review junior work and provide feedback.
- Communicate complex or contentious issues with the manager and partner, using judgement to identify when matters are required to be escalated.
- Run training sessions for junior members of the team throughout the year and provide the manager team with innovative adaptations to audit methodologies to improve efficiencies.
You are the right person for the role if you:
- Are ACA qualified
- Have strong audit bias with experience of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Have experience of working on group audits and liaising with group and/or component auditors
- Have experience leading an audit team of two or more people
We are open to speaking with candidates who are part way through their ACA and want to continue a career in Audit.
Please note: Our HR Team review and respond to all applications.
Please note: This role may close earlier than the date specified. If you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.