Job Title: Senior Cyber Security Operations Assurance Specialist
Location: Farnborough or Preston. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £62,000 depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
• Develop and deliver the Operational Assurance services to assure the technical compliance and effectiveness of applicable Cyber security controls to meet NIST (DFARS), DEFSTAN, Accreditation requirements and / or Group Cyber Security Standards (GCSS)
• Develop, plan and implement a risk-based pen testing programme across EIT enterprise managed networks / systems / services aligned with the BAE Systems plc testing strategy
• Assess the Performance / Health of applicable security controls to assure compliance and effectiveness aligned with the relevant Accreditation requirements and Standards
• Ensure Operational Assurance activities are aligned with the Group IM&T Cyber Security Assurance Framework and Group Cyber Security Standards to ensure compliance
Your skills and experiences:
• Extensive experience of IT Security experience and additionally Service management
• Strong track records of assuring the security of services in the Government sector
• Strong analytical background with the ability to analyse and interpret large and complex data sets and articulate observations, conclusions and recommendations to senior audiences
• In-depth knowledge of HMG and industry standard security policy, standards and good practice guidance
• Wide ranging knowledge of application, infrastructure and security technologies and in-depth knowledge of implementing them in a secure configuration
• CISSP or CISM IT Security qualification
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts - you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Cyber Assurance team:
The Cyber Assurance Team with Shared Services are part of Enterprise IT (EIT) with responsibility for assuring all enterprise managed systems and services, spanning UK/RoW. The team ensure systems / services are built and configured in-line with applicable Cyber Security Standards.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
10th October 2023
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.