Friday 29 September 2023
Agile Working Options
JOB TITLE: Audit Manager - Models
SALARY: £82,539 - £91,710
LOCATION(S): London, Edinburgh, or Bristol
HOURS: Full time
WORKING PATTERN: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites.
About this opportunity
Do you want to join a leading internal audit function to gain exposure to a wide range of risk modelling, capital assessment and other analytical techniques across banking and insurance businesses?
As a Manager within the Models Audit team, you will utilise your technical expertise to support the delivery of the audit plan by implementing risk-based audits. Through this you will harness a deep understanding of business priorities, controls, and risks to provide reliable, independent assurance and agree management actions to enhance the control framework. Day to day, you’ll:
- lead and deliver on complex audits of high quality, independent assurance and agree management actions to enhance the control framework to agreed plan.
- establish and build relationships with stakeholders to educate the business in the control framework and influence business processes and required actions to deliver control improvements.
- work collaboratively across the risk / business audit matrix to develop an understanding of business priorities and risk appetite relevant to assigned Audits, identify key controls, and evaluate their design effectiveness requiring only light supervision.
- define, propose, and complete testing of key controls for assigned Audits to evaluate their operational effectiveness requiring only light supervision, before highlighting any control deficiencies to be included in Draft Audit Reports.
- deliver Audits within agreed timescales, through collaboration with other colleagues keeping Portfolio Leads (PL) updated on progress and raising issues and concerns promptly.
- motivate, develop, and collaborate within own team and across the wider function to drive higher performance and sustained results.
Why Lloyds Banking Group
We’re on an exciting journey and there couldn’t be a better time to join us. The investments we’re making in our people, data and technology are leading to innovative projects, fresh possibilities, and countless new ways for our people to work, learn, and thrive.
What you’ll need
We understand no one can be an expert in every aspect of Modelling. So, if you have a strong technical background, we’d like to hear from you.
Specifically, we're looking for:
- Strong academic or professional qualifications in a quantitative field
- Knowledge of the generic elements of a model life cycle, and their associated risks.
- Experience in model risk management and governance.
- Understanding of the Statistical analysis and qualitative techniques used when developing and validating models.
- A proven track record of delivery supported by excellent analytical, presentational, report writing, and communication skills.
And any experience of the following areas would be useful:
- Credit risk modelling, regression-based models, retail credit risk scorecards, Capital Requirements thereof (PD, LGD & EAD), credit provision modelling techniques.
- Capital modelling and optimisation.
- Capital management frameworks and regulatory capital treatments.
- Stress testing and scenario analysis, including qualitative and quantitative techniques for firm wide stress testing, and knowledge of econometric modelling and forecasting.
- Other banking capital modelling techniques including concentration risk, interest rate risk in the Banking Book, modelling of risk in pension schemes.
About working for us
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms. We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity, or culture. We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative. And it’s why we especially welcome applications from under-represented groups. We’re disability confident. So, if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know.
We also offer a wide-ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%.
- An annual performance-related bonus.
- Share schemes including free shares.
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping.
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top.
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies.
Ready for a career where you can have a positive impact as you learn, grow, and thrive? Apply today and find out more.