My client is a global powerhouse in the world of insurance with UK operations spread across the South East of England. Due to an internal move, Jefferson Tiley are assisting with the critical hire of an experienced internal audit professional to undertake the role of Global Audit Lead.
This is a senior appointment and the role reports directly into the Chief Internal Auditor.
The successful applicant will take responsibility for developing and setting global Internal Audit standards to support the effective assurance on the adequacy, implementation and sustainability of risk management, governance and control processes supporting the operations of the global business.
- Defining and implementing the Internal Audit operating model for auditing risk management framework design and operations.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across the global business to support Internal Audit engagement on enterprise risk maturity.
- Delivering and supporting the delivery of Internal Audit reviews of risk management.
- Setting audit standards and work programmes to support the audit of risk management across all jurisdictions.
- Co-ordinating the production of the Internal Audit opinion with the Senior Audit Leadership Team (SALT) on the maturity of risk management across the global business.
- Engagement with Internal Audit owners of Financial Risks to ensure consistency of approach.
This is a role that will be undertaken by an experienced internal audit professional (likely to be an Senior/Internal Audit Manager in another organisation) with current financial services experience (insurance experience is advantageous). This person will be able to strategically view the current process and seek to simplify them. This will then be tested in the UK and then rolled out across the wider internal audit global team.
It's a high-profile role and will be highly visible within the organisation. This person will need to be able to work autonomously and will have strong interpersonal and senior stakeholder relationship skills.
This is a largely remote role with the successful applicant being in the office once every 2-3 weeks. The Head Office is just off the northern section of the M25.
C£80-95k base + strong benefits package and bonus potential
For more information please email your CV
Please note this role will not offer sponsorship so applicants must have full and unrestricted right to work in the UK.