We have been exclusively retained by a large Irish-American manufacturing business who are building their team across the globe.
The business is now recruiting a Senior Internal Auditor for their newly created team based in Ireland (HQ in Dublin, but this role can be based flexibly, from here). Candidates can be based remotely (anywhere in Ireland), if desired and work from home whenever necessary.
The company generates over than €3 billion in sales annually and one of the largest commercial businesses in the world in its market. The business trades in 120+ countries, has over 70 production facilities, and more employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.
Reporting to the Global Head of Internal Audit, this role is to provide independent assurance to the board of Directors of the Group, verifying that the controls throughout the Group’s operations are adequate and fit for purpose.
As an Internal Audit department in a private company, the business aims to create a world-class team and deliver risk-based value creation and is everything but a compliance function. The main objective of the IA function is to be a fully independent and objective partner that helps the business in its mission to manage risk.
The main responsibilities are:
- To work in a diverse team environment and conduct corporate and financial risk-assessments as well as specialised audits and one-off consulting projects.
- To have responsibility for the end-to-end audit process from planning to completion and follow up.
- To understand, improve and review the internal controls and provide assurance on their effectiveness.
- To make recommendations after engaging with regional operational managers and directors.
- To produce concise and engaging reports on findings and recommendations.
- To attend and deliver company-wide training with the aim of constantly improving professionally and personally.
- To assist the implementation of the Group’s IA systems into newly acquired businesses.
- To contribute to the development and training of junior IA staff.
- To take advantage of the high level of exposure to senior management and executives across the Group to elevate your career professionally.
- Travel will be circa 30% of the time to the Group’s national and international operations.
What and who are we looking for?
The successful applicant is likely to be a professional services (Big 4/ Top 10 firm) trained auditor (possibly with industry experience). You will likely hold a qualification such as an ACA, ACCA, CIA, CPA, CA, CIMA, etc., but this is not essential. A second language will be useful, but the working language across the Group is English. The team is made up of people from all different backgrounds, so we are open to anyone with the right to work (RTW) in Ireland, and the wider EU who is willing to relocate, but we can’t sponsor those who do not have the RTW.
If you are interested in working for a large, thriving business in a growing department, please do get in touch.