JOB TITLE: Senior Manager, Model Risk Management
SALARY: The salary banding for this role is £112,209 - £132,010 for London and £92,064 - £108,310 for outside of London
LOCATION: One of London, Halifax, Bristol, Leeds, Manchester or Edinburgh
HOURS: 35 hours, full time
WORKING PATTERN: Our work style is hybrid, which involves spending at least two days per week, or 40% of our time, at one of our office sites.
About this opportunity
Are you an experienced Senior Model Risk specialist looking for a new challenge? An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Model Risk and Validation (MRAV) team within the Risk division. The role will give you responsibility for Credit risk model regulation.
This is a superb opportunity to develop areas of knowledge relating to the Group’s regulatory compliance of Credit Risk models and build a strong network of contacts both within and outside of the Group.
You’ll be the central point of contact for PRA relationship for regulatory capital credit risk models and model risk governance lead on providing guidance to help achieve successful outcomes for IRB changes and responses to other PRA requests.
You’ll support the MRAV Director in maintaining an open and trusting relationship with the PRA through support for Continuous Assessment Meetings, other regular and ad hoc meetings and the annual CRR Attestation.
Leading ongoing horizon scanning to identify emerging IRB regulation including, but not limited to, publications by the Basel Committee and the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA). Whilst collaborating with colleagues across the Group to assess the impact of new IRB rules and the ability to translate regulatory developments into tangible business consequences and potential benefits.
Leading the development of the Group’s lobbying strategy alongside colleagues from Retail and Commercial Banking Risk divisions. Influencing the development and implementation of new IRB regulation by representing LBG's views to relevant Group fora, industry bodies and regulatory authorities.
Why Lloyds Banking Group
Join us and, as well as making a difference to customers, you’ll enjoy a fulfilling career where you’re free to be yourself. Great colleagues, transforming workspaces, hybrid working and a wide variety of career opportunities - you’ll find them all here.
What you’ll need
- You'll be highly numerate, with at least a degree level qualification covering quantitative content or equivalent skills derived from experience
- Extensive knowledge of model risk and regulatory requirements and standards pertaining to credit risk models and the ability to lead virtual teams and operate within a large organisation
- Ability to utilise experience and knowledge to make sound model judgements, taking into account, regulation and wider considerations such as complexity vs benefit, short vs long term trade-offs, and resource prioritisation
- A detailed and up-to-date understanding of relevant regulation, including any changes that may impact the Group
- Knowledge of banking business and associated risk management approached sufficient to understand regulation in the context of the business
- Effective relationship management, delivering successful business partnering.
And any experience of these would be really useful
- The ability to communicate and influence on regulatory issues, verbally and in writing (including model documentation)
- Track record of effective delivery and overcoming challenges to deliver business results
- Has ethics and integrity at the heart of every decision
Our focus is to ensure we're inclusive every day, building an organisation that reflects modern society and celebrates diversity in all its forms.
We want our people to feel that they belong and can be their best, regardless of background, identity or culture.
We were one of the first major organisations to set goals on diversity in senior roles, create a menopause health package, and a dedicated Working with Cancer initiative.
And it’s why we especially welcome applications from underrepresented groups.
We’re disability confident. So if you’d like reasonable adjustments to be made to our recruitment processes, just let us know
We also offer a wide ranging benefits package, which includes:
- A generous pension contribution of up to 15%
- An annual performance related bonus
- Share schemes including free shares
- Benefits you can adapt to your lifestyle, such as discounted shopping
- 30 days’ holiday, with bank holidays on top
- A range of wellbeing initiatives and generous parental leave policies
Ready for a career where you can have a positive impact as you learn, grow and thrive? Apply today and find out more.