As an organisation we are committed to setting a high standard in our regulatory outcome and decision making and have set up a Quality Assurance team to meet this commitment.
The Head of Quality Assurance (QA) will lead a small, centralised team of 5.
You will have previous experience of delivering robust audit management through a quality assurance function. In addition, you will have experience of successfully delivering, and continuously improving a QA strategy and framework in a regulated organisation of a similar and complex structure. A key component of this will be the ability to quickly understand and evaluate key milestones of success.
You will be an integral to developing the methods, reviews and reporting requirements for the team, working collaboratively with other department heads across operational areas; learning from issues identified by the independent reviews and modelling best practice.
In addition to the strategic and operational responsibility for the team, the work and the strategy, focus will be on providing confidence to our key stakeholders in our regulatory activities. The QA team will provide internal and external assurance that our processes, decision making, and outcomes are meeting expectations in terms of providing effective regulation, and the following areas will underpin the work of the QA team:
- Reviewing outputs from the operational areas to ensure that our decisions are proportionate, accountable, consistent, transparent and targeted.
- With data drawn from the work undertaken, the team can reflect and monitor outcomes at key decision-making points, considering any disproportionality or unfairness
- Ensuring that individual decisions and outcomes are raising the standards of the profession and meeting the risks identified in an appropriate way.
What is in it for you
- A high-profile role where you will help drive change within the legal services sector
- Develop wide reaching relationships at a senior level both internally and externally
- Be an important part of a leadership team committed to improving all elements of our customer service
What we are looking for
- Significant previous experience of delivering robust audit management through a quality assurance team, and direct experience of quality assurance best practice and methodologies
- Strong leadership capability with successful track record of leadership and people management experience
- Strong influencing and communication skills and track record of forging strong working relationships with stakeholders
- Understanding of the principle of equality and diversity, and their application in public policy
- Practical experience of complex case analysis and legal drafting in a contentious or regulatory environment
Useful and additional information
There is a Role Profile attached at the bottom of the advert on our website.
This is a hybrid role and will be based in our Birmingham office two days a week, and from home the rest of the week.
If you have any questions that are not answered in the advert, additional documents or our website, you can contact us.
Please click 'Apply' to complete the online application form and upload a CV and cover letter, addressing how you meet the requirements outlined in this advert and the attached role profile.
To find out more about the recruitment and selection process and how to make the most of your application, please visit our jobs pages.
Closing date for applications is 16th October at 09:00.
The SRA is the independent regulator of solicitors and law firms in England and Wales, protecting consumers and supporting the rule of law and the administration of justice. We do this by overseeing all education and training requirements necessary to practise as a solicitor, licensing individuals and firms to practise, setting the standards of the profession and regulating and enforcing compliance against these standards.
We offer an inclusive, supportive and friendly working environment and the chance to develop your career within a professional organisation. We are committed to the health and wellbeing of staff, helping everyone to strike a good balance between personal and professional life.
Additionally, we provide a generous flexible benefits package, including gym membership with a tax only cost, an excellent defined contribution pension scheme and an additional 3% of annual basic salary upon successful completion of probation.