One of the world's premier firms in the e-money and online trading space is looking for an Internal Audit Director to lead the firms global Audit function.
As the Director of Internal Audit, you'll ensure the effectiveness of the firms internal control systems, risk management processes, and regulatory compliance. This is your chance to lead an innovative internal audit function that has full business support and seen as the team that helps the firm achieve their strategic goals.
The firm stays at the cutting edge of their industry by leveraging advanced data analytics and risk assessment techniques. Your role is crucial in safeguarding their assets, protecting their hard-earned reputation, and keeping their stakeholders & customers happy.
- Develop and implement a risk-based internal audit plan to review key controls and processes across the organisation. The plan should focus on areas such as trading platforms, AML controls, customer data protection etc.
- Identify key risks from trading, investments, financing, and regulatory activities.
- Assess levels of assurance and audit coverage needed. Monitor for control gaps, inadequacies, and non-compliance etc..
- Plan & oversee audits to evaluate trading controls, transaction verification, reconciliations, collateral management and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure internal audit reviews are conducted professionally, objectively, and in compliance with the Institute of Internal Auditors’ standards. Issue timely audit reports with practical recommendations to improve internal controls.
- Stay abreast of trends impacting broker-dealers and global financial markets.
- Identify the best practices to improve risk, compliance, and audit frameworks supporting trading operations.
- Monitor and ensure the implementation of internal audit recommendations by management while fostering a strong working relationship. Regularly communicate audit plans, resource requirements, audit findings, and status updates.
- Meet key performance metrics such as audit plan completion rate, audit report quality assessments, etc.
- Develop a high-performing internal audit team. Provide guidance, coaching, mentoring, and performance feedback to team members. Foster a collaborative and professional work environment that encourages learning, innovation, and career development.
- University degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Extensive experience in internal audit, risk management, or related roles
- In-depth knowledge of auditing standards, risk assessment methodologies, and regulatory compliance requirements
- 8+ years of internal audit experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify risks, assess controls, and develop practical solutions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present complex information clearly and effectively to diverse audiences
- Professional certifications such as CIA, CPA, or CISA
- Experience in the fintech industry - the firm is looking for those from a fintech background and ideally those from an e-payments / e-money background
- Excellent base salary
- Annual performance bonus with the potential to be a very sizeable amount
- Health benefits
- Travel and internet allowances
- A chance to work with top talent from across the globe in a business that is dedicated to continually improving
- Great overseas travel opportunities - the firm has offices all over the world and travel can be to some fantastic places