At Close Brothers we look to recruit individuals from all different backgrounds and encourage you to apply even if you don’t tick every box. We celebrate diversity, promote inclusivity and are open to discuss flexible work options to help you balance your work and home life.
Join the Close Brothers Internal Audit Team where you will will lead the GIA strategy and execution of technology and change assurance. Working as part of the Internal Audit team, our ideal team member will have previous experience in managing and delivering a technology and change audit portfolio, with excellent relationship building skills.
- Managing and delivering a technology and change audit portfolio
- Developing a framework to deliver assurance over technology, cyber, change, third parties and data respectively which is strategically aligned to the business
- Support and contribute to the GIA strategic goals by taking ownership of assigned strategic workstreams. Design, build and implement key products associated with the workstream
- Co-lead annual audit planning process to develop an annual audit plan that focuses on key current and emerging risks facing the Group
- Key point of contact for a portfolio of senior stakeholders who include the Chief Information Officers (CIOs) for the Close Brothers Group businesses, the Group Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Group Head of Data Governance, and the Group Head of Third Party Management
- Attend periodic meetings with Executive Committee members and senior management
- Hold regular one to ones with direct reports and provide coaching to enhance performance
Developing Our People: as a line manager, you will be responsible for inspiring and motivating your team, as well as developing performance through coaching. You will encourage your team to take responsibility for their own personal development and provide support through regular feedback.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have experience managing and delivering a technology and change audit portfolio
- You think strategically to promote innovation, find new opportunities, and to continue to develop a risk focused technology and change audit team
- You have a strong technical understanding of IT processes - including applications and infrastructure, security and vulnerability assessments, change control, disaster recovery, data privacy, and IT risk assessment, automated control environments, cybersecurity best practices, Cloud security controls etc
- You have knowledge of common security/ technology risk frameworks, such as, ISO 27000, NIST, COBIT, IIA GTAG
- You have the ability to interact comfortably with senior/executive level management and Board members, and also relevant regulators
- You have excellent listening, oral, written and presentation communication skills
It is not essential but it would be great if you:
- Have an understanding of Project and Programme governance
- Have experience of data analytics and visualisation tools (e.g., Advance Excel/ACL/IDEA/Alteryx/Tableau)
- Have working experience with regulatory standards / requirements, such as, GDPR, BCBS 239
We are an inclusive organisation and committed to ensuring our recruitment process is as accessible as possible to everyone. We will make adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format or would like to discuss the recruitment process with us, please contact us.
For roles offering hybrid working: At Close Brothers we support employees to balance their work life priorities and in this role you will be able to enjoy a mixture of hybrid working.
Close Brothers is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading. At Close Brothers we provide financial support and advice to small businesses and individuals in the UK. Our purpose is to help the people and businesses of Britain thrive over the long term.
Close Brothers is a leading UK merchant banking group providing lending, deposit taking, wealth management services and securities trading. We employ over 3,500 people, principally in the UK.
Close Brothers Group plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a member of the FTSE 250.We remain focused on markets and services we know and understand, developing leading positions and unrivalled expertise. Our approach is prudent and considered enabling us to grow sustainably, through all market conditions, building confidence among our depositors and investors.
Our businesses have remained local as we continue to provide bespoke services, and developing long-term relationships ensuring our success in the future. We value our clients over everything else. What they do is important – they are the doers and makers of things, the wealth creators, the investors and the savers. We ensure our services meet their specific needs and invest to support them as they grow.
These principles, founded in our past but applied to the modern world today, represent what we describe as ‘modern merchant banking’ – values that are embedded in our culture and that underpin everything we do.
- Private medical
- Discounted health checks
- Stakeholder pension contribution
- Gym discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Save As You Earn scheme
- Purchase additional holiday