The EIB, the European Union's bank, is seeking to recruit for its Group Corporate Service Directorate (GCS), Building and Logistics Department (BLD), Real Estate Portfolio Management Unit (RPM) at its headquarters in Luxembourg, a (Senior) Corporate Real Estate Officer - ESG*.
This is a full-time position at grade 5/6 for which the EIB offers a permanent contract (an 80% part time could be accommodated)
*internally referred as (Senior) Officer Facilities Management
Panel interviews are anticipated for December 2023.
From initiation to execution, you will be part of the team leading complex, cross-cutting projects with a focus on environmental, social, and governance impact. We ensure our assets and services align with EIB Group's policies, global standards, and the Paris Agreement. We're not just following best practices; we're setting them, all in support of EIB Group's mission. Join us in driving the force behind EIB's Corporate Real Estate and Services!
You will report to the Head of the Real Estate Portfolio Management unit and works in close collaboration with the other team members of the unit, the Heads of Division of the department as well as with colleagues and representatives of EIBG Directorates, as appropriate, in their field of expertise.
- Lead and coordinate the development, implementation, and management of a centralised and integrated CRE & ESG Portfolio Performance & Risk Model
- Drive and manage the execution of the Group Corporate Services transversal climate and sustainability programme and its ESG related projects
- Coordinate ESG topics across the three lines of defence, ensuring regulatory compliance on ESG topics, working together with other functions to support the identification of key ESG issues that are relevant to the business and its stakeholders
- Ensure effective implementation of data collection, evaluation, measuring and reporting procedures and tools for internal and external tracking of the performance of BLD’s real estate assets and services
- Inform and engage senior stakeholders on a regular basis on progress and performance, proposing ways to enhance efficiency, flag and identify issues and recommend improvement strategies and represent Group Corporate Services in the bank-wide Climate Bank Roadmap Steering Committee and working groups
- Inform management and provide clear recommendations regarding CRE & ESG topics as well as the integrated performance of the real estate assets and services portfolio
- Building organizational capabilities. Share and disseminate knowledge and best practices. Provide specialist advice on ESG topics, climate risk issues and mitigation activities pertaining to individual projects or initiatives
- University degree (minimum an equivalent to a Bachelor) preferably in Environmental Science, Economics, Law, Business Administration, Real Estate, Facility Management, or related fields
- Minimum 5 years of relevant professional in the Corporate Sector and/or Corporate Real Estate and/or Facility Management or related sectors as well as experience in Sustainability related topics
- Ability to balance out short-term needs and long-term vision
- Proven capacity to lead projects involving interactions with other services
- Change management experience, preferably related to sustainability, workplace or corporate real estate would be an asset
- Experience and strong skills in group/team facilitation
- Excellent knowledge of English and/or French (*), with a good command of the other. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an advantage.
Find out more about EIB core competencies via the 'Apply' button.
(*) Unless stated explicitly as a required qualification, a good command of French is not a pre-requisite for hire. As both English and French are however official working languages of the EIB, proficiency in both languages is a pre-requisite for your future career development. Any language clause in your contract must be fulfilled in order for you to be eligible for a promotion (either via the annual appraisal cycle or via an internal selection process). Proficiency is understood to mean the attainment of level 5 of the Inter Institutional language courses, corresponding to B1.2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFRL). The Bank offers appropriate training support.
We are an equal opportunities employer, who believes that diversity is good for our people and our business. We encourage all suitably qualified and eligible candidates to apply regardless of their gender identity/expression, age, racial, ethnic and cultural background, religion and beliefs, sexual orientation/identity, disability or neurodiversity.
Applicants with specific needs are encouraged to request reasonable accommodations at any stage during the recruitment process. Please contact the EIB Recruitment team who will ensure that your request is handled.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge the importance of maintaining the security and integrity of the Information of the EIB Group. In case of selection for the position you agree to comply with all measures (policies, controls, document classification and management) implemented by the EIB Group to prevent unauthorised disclosure of any information or any damage to the EIB Group reputation.
Deadline for applications: 13th December 2023