SRLV: OUR FIRM
We’re a leading firm of chartered accountants, business management specialists and corporate and private client advisors based in Fitzrovia, a vibrant and exciting hub in Central London.
From premium restaurants and prime property, to established names in music and entertainment, we have an inspiringly diverse client base and a highly personalised service that puts them at the centre of everything we do.
Delivering that quality service means hiring great talent – and for our people, SRLV is the ideal environment: compact enough to enable us to focus on each person as an individual; large enough to provide opportunities for people to grow, develop and advance their careers within the business.
When hiring we choose people with inherent ability, energy and drive; intelligent, interested, considered professionals who’ll add another dimension to our diverse multi-disciplined team.
THE ROLE: AUDIT CONTRACT
We have a six month contract for a Manager to join our busy Audit team. The ideal candidate will be ACA or ACCA qualified, with 3+ years PQE and 6 to 12 months relevant experience in a similar level role.
Experience of IFRS as well as UK GAAP, consolidations and consolidated financial statements and managing/leading small teams would be preferred. CaseWare experience is highly desired.
At SRLV we are proud of our expertly planned and highly efficient audit service which we carry out for large UK companies, groups, international subsidiaries, owner managed businesses and charities, according to the exacting standards set by the Financial Reporting Council (FRC) and International Standards on Auditing.
If you think you can add value in our expert team, we want to talk to you.
- Manage team WIP, billing and fee–recovery in order to achieve targets and cash collection where applicable, reviewing monthly billing and assisting in making sure that the partner is hitting monthly target
- Line manage team members through adequate briefing, monitoring, supervision and training, to ensure business objectives and the team members’ career objectives are achieved
- Ensure good relationships with both internal and external clients, particularly in order to ensure retention and development of new business opportunities
- Manage complex client problems that occur and support team members with basic client matters
- Work with partners to identify, generate and complete additional project work from existing clients and seek referrals of new clients
- Provide proactive and innovative solutions to clients
- Develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPD requirements where appropriate
- Delegate appropriately ensuring clear instructions are given and objectives and deadlines set - monitor workload of team
- Play an active role in recruitment and any other HR activities required
- Manage the preparation and presentation of projects and new client pitches, attending new business meetings and assisting with new client proposals, alongside partner and key staff
- Act as a role model for team members, providing advice, guidance and constructive feedback
YOU: CORE ATTRIBUTES
In line with the high expectations we set for ourselves in the Audit team, we are looking for well-rounded finance professionals with the qualifications, career profile and appropriate level of audit experience to carry out their duties to the exacting standards our clients expect.
Your core attributes will include well-tuned technical, commercial and risk awareness alongside advanced understanding of audit policies, procedures and processes – all underpinned by strong communication and management skills, exceptional IT capabilities, confidence in coaching and developing team members, and the ability to gain the trust and confidence of our clients.
EXPERIENCE: WHAT YOU BRING
- Ideally ACA/ACCA qualified
- You will need 3+ years PQE
- CaseWare experience is desirable
- A broad client portfolio background to include industries such as high-end hospitality, entertainment/creative, media, retail, and property.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
SRLV is a diverse, inclusive, collaborative and highly social work environment. We support our people to deliver the high standards expected from our clients, and in exchange we offer competitive salaries and an exceptional package of benefits:
- Fantastic private medical insurance
- 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays and 3 additional days over the December holidays
- 3% Pension contribution
- Cashback scheme for medical expenses
- Group Life Insurance
- Mental and Physical Health Support
- Regular social events and activities – including pizza, breakfast and/or drinks on the rooftop terrace, office, or local venues
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Workplace nursery scheme
- Excellent office space in Fitzrovia
- 9.30am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday
- Flexible working: 3 days (+) in office, 2 days at home