More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton.
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
Our Financial Services Business Risk Services practice focuses on helping organisation manage risk, improve operational processes, and realise strategic objectives. Our team brings together a range of skills and experience across sector specialisms. Our Financial Services Business Risk Services (FS BRS) team, provide clients with support on their internal audit and risk functions, through the provision of tailored, flexible, and cost-effective solutions, that provide access to industry best practice methodology, value add insights and subject matter experts.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As a Financial Services Business Risk Services Manager within our Financial Services Business Risk Services (FS BRS) team you will:
- You will work as part of the team, effectively providing a hands-on advisory and assurance service that exceeds our clients’ expectations and allows Grant Thornton to deliver a high-quality audit to clients
- For Internal Audit engagements, you will have responsibility for the effective completion of engagements including
- Assisting with the preparation of draft terms of reference/audit planning documents
- Delivering fieldwork, ensuring all work is performed in accordance with GT methodologies, that testing sufficient and appropriate testing has been performed, and evidence to support key decisions has been obtained
- Reviewing fieldwork of audit team members and providing oversight of engagements, assisting directors with their client portfolios where necessary
- Holding close-out meetings with client to ensure that they and the client has a full understanding of issues identified and these are agreed
- Documenting and reviewing draft and final internal audit reports, ensuring the written work is of a high standard, is factually correct, recommendations are appropriate and tailored to the needs of the intended audience, and requires minimal manager and Partner input.
- Monitoring your time on clients and flagging any issues up to the manner in a timely manner.
- For Risk Assurance engagements, you will be responsible for supporting engagements include assurance over the own risk solvency assessment (ORSA) process, risk control self-assessments (RCSAs), operational risk event and risk reporting processes.
- had experience of working in a risk function and supporting the own risk solvency assessment (ORSA) process, risk control self-assessments (RCSAs), operational risk event and risk reporting processes. You will be responsible for supporting engagements in these areas and wider, where it is associated with providing assurance on second line risk related activities.
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as a Financial Services Business Risk Services Manager, the minimum criteria you’ll need is a professional qualification (CISA, CISM, CISP, or similar), experience in the insurance or financial services sector, and to be confident delivering and managing a portfolio of internal audit assignments. It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Experience of internal and external auditing and in the preparation and delivery of presentations.
- Experience of working in a second-line risk function and supporting the own risk solvency assessment (ORSA) process, risk control self-assessments (RCSAs), operational risk event and risk reporting processes.
- Experience of reviewing audit planning work.
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what’s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It’s how it should be.