Are you someone who is fascinated about business, likes people, is full of curiosity, with a positive attitude then we may have an opportunity just for you.
We are looking for an enthusiastic auditor who seeks regular client contact, whose aim is to further their career while contributing to the provision of excellent service to a diverse range of clients. As an Audit Assistant Manager in Sussex, your office base can be either Brighton or Chichester - plus we offer hybrid working which involves working 3 days in the office, and 2 from home.
Our clients are based all over Sussex, Kent and London and you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of clients, of differing sizes and in a range of different industries including not for profit, ensuring that a top quality service is provided in our ever expanding Audit and Corporate team.
About the role
As an Audit Assistant Manager, you will report to managers and partners and take full responsibility for a variety of audit clients from large corporate groups to not-for-profit entities. This role will require you to use initiative and judgment, although supervision and advice which will be always available to ensure that our clients are provided with the best possible service.
The objectives of the Audit Assistant Manager are the responsibility of completing all client assignments accurately, to deadline, and to liaise with the client to provide excellent client service.
As Audit Assistant Manager, your responsibilities include:
- Complete audit planning alongside the partner and manager
- Coach and develop the team to maximise their contribution to the audit
- Supervise a team of assistants completing the on-site audit work
- Focus on the complicated audit areas and hold meetings with clients to discuss these complex areas and any audit issues
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients
- Demonstrate initiative and judgement providing solutions to problems
What we're looking for
- ACCA/ACA qualified
- A working knowledge of CaseWare would be beneficial
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in accounting software
- Excellent client facing and team work skills
This role requires frequent travel to client offices so candidates must be willing to travel to other offices.
What we can offer
Kreston Reeves is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect:
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Opportunities to develop a varied portfolio of work with different clients
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A genuinely supportive and collaborative environment
- A culture of learning in a stimulating environment
As well as this, we offer:
- Financial Wellbeing – competitive salary, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, Westfield Health Cash Plan, income protection. Options to increase pension, life assurance and healthcare cash plan (yourself and/or family)
- Leave – 25.5 days plus bank holidays, holiday buying (up to 5 days), agile working
- Mental Wellbeing – employee assistance programme and counselling
- Physical Wellbeing – Vitality PMI/Westfield Hospital Treatment insurance, critical illness insurance, BMI health assessment, GymFlex, annual flu jab
- Recognition – monthly nominations for financial awards based on culture and values
- Development – we offer continuous support and development with clear mapped progression routes across the business. Access to internal and external training courses
- Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging – we operate several family-friendly policies, childcare vouchers and take proactive steps to create an inclusive environment
- CSR – give as you earn, 1 extra day off to take up volunteering opportunities. Opportunities to support our commitment to charitable causes
- Travel – cycle to work scheme, travel insurance, interest-free season ticket loan (London only), interest-free car/motorbike loan
About Kreston Reeves
With 200 years of history, we are an award-winning professional services firm with offices in London, Kent and Sussex. We provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services, tailored to our clients’ needs.
We guide our clients, colleagues and communities to a brighter future. We help businesses, not for profit organisations, individuals and families with more than just accountancy, business and wealth advice.
Our dedication to providing a personal service is what sets us apart – we get to know you, understand your goals, support and advise you on your journey to help you realise your ambitions.
We’re proud to be B Corp™ certified, demonstrating our commitment to our environmental, social and governance programme which is central to our purpose and vision. We actively encourage all our colleagues to give back to their local communities whenever they can.